86

Ban brought Elaine and Jericho away from the battle, doing what he did best. Running.

He hated himself for it. You and just disappeared, and he was afraid he had left you there, but he couldn't go on anymore. He was fatigued, barely functioning, and depleted completed of Magic's energy. He was a liability at this point. All he could do was use the remaining adrenaline he had pumping viciously in his veins to save these two girls. Get them as far away from danger as he could.

He grimaced as he landed on the floor, skidding to a halt a few hundred miles from the demons. He painted heavily, sweat pouring from every gland as Jericho fell. Elaine was still passed out- very concerning. However, he couldn't react. Stopping for even a moment had calmed his body, and he collapsed, grunting as he tried not to hurt the fairy below him.

"Shit..." he mumbled, "I can't even move a fucking finger..."

He moved his gaze, blinking slowly with drooping, exhausted eyes. He saw Jericho rising from the floor. The last things that passed through his mind were hope that Jericho could help them out of here and... thoughts of where you were.

"Jesus..." Jericho grumbled, standing up and brushing herself off.

That was quite the spectacle. Very confusing- and she most certainly didn't understand any of it. She just sort of went into prima mode. "Away from bad-bad spot, go to good-good spot." You know. Primal things.

"Hey, you guys okay?" She asked as she turned around, looking over herself too look for any injuries. No major ones.

Looking up, her eyes widened, and her heart began pumping in her ears. Ban was collapsed on top of Elaine. "H-hey! Ban! Ban, get up!

"Oh, shit... oh, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! This is the opposite of what we need right now!" She said, panicked as she looked at the two of them. "Those freakshows are closing in... god, what do I do?"

"Take Elaine..." Ban grunted, barely conscious, "I'm immortal- save her..."

"What? No way in hell are you that immortal!" She growled, glaring down at him. "And I'm sure she would tell me to do the exact opposite."

"I don't care!" He exerted, inhaling shakily. "Just take her... please..."

"How selfish can you be?!" She demanded, then rolled her shoulders and piped her knees. She grunted in exertion as she bent down, lifting both of them onto her back. Ban faded fully into unconsciousness as she did so. She gasped when she released them onto herself, stumbling slightly before panting- she was already exhausted. She took a shaky step forward, then another, and then another. Soon she got into the rhythm.

"You guys... owe me big time for this!" She wheezed, moving away from the Commandments as fast as she could.

Below her, in a dimension known as the "In-Between" you followed. Well, it was known as something fancy, but you didn't care much for remembering it, so you just called it the In-Between. It was a cloaking dimension between the demon and mortal realms that hides magical presences. It takes a lot of magical energy to maintain a presence in it, so most didn't use it. However, with the overwhelming amount of ability surging from your being, you didn't even come close to breaking a sweat.

You listened to Jericho fondly, but you weren't in your right mind. When the demon within someone gets fully awoken, it... changes them. They become more confident and calm- more ominous. A demon in every sense of the word, fittingly.

This one is useful, you thought to yourself. Her perseverance and loyalty impressed you- not many would commit to their friends so self-sacrificially. She will come in handy as an ally.