4

Meli leaned down to Elizabeth's unconscious body, whispering something indistinguishable to her. I smiled smally to myself, seeing a blossoming relationship between the two. It was quite obvious that there was a spark between them- even in the short time I had been around to witness it.

"He who strikes first wins!" Ruin shouted, swinging his weapon toward Meli as hard as he could. It was a quick, powerful move, but it wasn't anywhere near powerful enough to take on his opponent. The captain dogdged the attack with ease, moving Elizabeth to a safe distance before returning to the fight.

"To think that you would turn your back during a battle...." Ruin started, slamming his weapon down where Meli was standing. He dodged. "The Eight Deadly Sins have reached new lows!"

He slammed his weapon down on him again- dodged. He swung at him once more- miss, by a long shot. There was a distance shriek- one from the voice that had pointed out Diane's un-hypnotized state earlier. I still couldn't recognize who it was...

The Holy Knight slammed his weapon down for a final time, striking the captain head-on and forming several large cracks to web out from the ground below where Meli was. Dust sprung up from the force of the blow; I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes. Looks like the captain's won... That was boring. Ruin picked him up by the head, staring at him.

"Pitiful," he spat, "To think that the kingdom was terrified by an insignificant, underpowered child."

The man then went flying without warning, his armored body soaring toward Baste Dungeon and forming a large hole in the wall of one of the large towers. The captain ran after him, reaching the Knight in a matter of seconds.

"Looks like the captain's won," I said earlier thoughts aloud, standing up from my sitting position and turning toward Elizabeth and the pig. "And now we've got to get the princess to safety."

"I wouldn't underestimate Ruin. Your Captain is as good as dead," Said a female voice. I turned in the direction from which it came, raising an eyebrow. The familiar, creepy armor that belonged to Holy Knight Fresia was clunking toward us. I rolled my eyes as she lashed her whip.

"You're annoying," Diane huffed, slamming her fist down in the Knight as she stood up. The woman groaned, twitching slightly under the conglomeration that had become of her armor.

I grinned cheekily, giving Diane a thumbs up. She smiled back, wiping her hands against one another as she looked over to Elizabeth and the pig. She frowned lightly.

"I'm sorry Elizabeth... If only I were stronger, I could've protected you." There was that voice again- the one that didn't have a body attatched to it. I looked to where it had originated, but the only thing I saw who was capable of vocalizing was the pig. But pigs can't talk. Who could have said it...?

I dismissed it for now, leaning down next to Elizabeth. Her injuries weren't too extreme- nothing that couldn't be dealt with relatively easily. She was still bleeding, though, which meant it would be preferable to get her somewhere she could get treated. I could heal her, but that'd put too much of a toll on my body- especially after I had been laying low for so long. Dr. Dana's office wasn't to far, though... I'm sure we could make it there pretty quickly.

"We should get her to safety- and hopefully to a doctor," I said to Diane, who was also bent down over the princess. As she began to lift her form the ground, the girl sputtered slightly. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at us.

"Wait..." She said quietly, "Please... take me to- to Baste with you. Where... where Lord Meliodas... and Lord Ban are... I wish you to help you...."

I raised an eyebrow, looking up at Diane. We both stared at each other for a few moments, silently conversing what the best course of action would be. It took a while, but Diane was the one who finally broke the silence. We had been conversing through our gazes, coming to a decision.