14

We had returned to the tavern, deciding collectively that the best way to celebrate King's arrival and Holy Knight Guila's defeat was to get drunk and party. There was large platters of food Ban had quickly prepared, with the occasional helping hand from me and/or Ellie.

Diane, who was sitting in the large, grassy clearing we had decided to hold it in, was holding a large stick with a roasted fish on it. She extended it out to Meli, poking his cheek with the mouth of the disturbing-looking creature.

"C'mon captain~" she cooed, poking him once more. "Take a bite~!"

"That won't eben fit in my mouf," Meli replied, his words slightly muffled by the fish being shoved in his face. Diane frowned, poking him a few more times before begrudgingly returning the fish to her lips and taking a slow bite out of it.

"Are you really okay now, Diane?" King asked, his cheeks slightly flushed from the alcohol (and a little something else *wink wonk*) as he stared at the aforementioned giant in beweilderment. "You said you thought you were dying, and now your fine...."

"Oh... uh, y-yeah..." she said awkwardly, facing away from the fairy with a small frown. "I'm okay now."

"Yeah, right," Ban scoffed from next to me. He and I were sitting near the barrels of ale, refilling our pints as we pleased as we watched the other sins (as well as Ellie and Hawk, who were basically part of the group now) chat and laugh as they enjoyed the party. "She was totally pretending."

"Yeah, so she could suck face with Meli," I teased, my cheeks flushed and tone giggly from alcohol consumption. Ban and I made mocking kissing noises, then laughed at King's reaction.

"No way!" King shouted, his face turning bright red in anger and slight embrassment. "Diane isn't that kind of girl!"

"Ehehe..." Diane chuckled awkwardly, twiddling with the stick that the large fish was once on. King whirled around to face Diane.

"Diane!!!" He shouted, looking at her in disbelief. She turned further away from him, a small blush on her cheeks as she moved a pigtail in front of her face.

I chuckled at his behavior, glancing at Ban. He looked like he was deep in thought. I waited a moment, contemplating if this was right time to ask him. Nobody else was close enough to hear a normal conversation... I guess it's now or never, then.

"Hey Ban."

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did."

"Can I ask you another question?" I groaned irritably, my eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

"You just did."

"My fuck, can I ask you two more questions?"

"Sure," he replied, smiling cheekily at me. I smiled a small smile back, then looked into the intoxicating liquid within my cup, swishing it around so that my coppery reflection became deformed.

"Who was that girl?"

"Whadoya mean?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"The girl in the Capitol," I elaborated, looking at him. "I only saw her for a split second whenever I got a glimpse of her, but she's the one you and King chased after. The one you were muttering to before we left."

His eyes widened for a moment, before he looked away, glaring. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I thought you would say that..." I frowned, still looking at him. "Can I ask another question regarding it?"