64

A large gust of wind rushed over the entirety of the group, us Sins and the Holy Knights. Everyone seemed to be unbothered by it, but most, besides our immediate group, still seemed rather apprehensive about our- or should I say Meli's- plan. It wasn't an unwarranted reaction, I'll admit, but you would think that they would come to terms with it rather quickly, considering they played a minimal part. Anyway, the gust of wind, blah, blah. The plan was beginning, long story short. Meli had cancelled his powers out, and we were about to the begin our attack. Mwah ha ha ha!

"You cancelled out your abilities," Captain Demon-Obvious said, cocking his head to the side as he stared at Meli, who was still as determined as ever to beat the ever-loving shit out of him. "What are you planning to do?"

Without answering or even acknowledging the fact that Hendrickson had spoke, Meli darted forward- slower than normal, but that was to be expected. He extended the hand in which he held his sword, attempting (kinda) to pierce the enemy directly in his unattractive schnoz. However, the demon quickly moved out of the way, grabbing captain by the collar and beginning to throw him forward, to which Meli counterattacked by flipping and grabbing him by the horns. He threw the demon down, sending him crashing into the already destroyed concrete floor. He charged down without even a second thought, kneeing Hendrickson directly in the chest.

"Time to start?" I asked, looking up at King. He nodded.

"I guess."

Gilthunder, from behind us, raised his sword up, apparently having heard both my question and King's reply. His voice echoed out, the attack following through and striking both Meli and Hendrickson head-on, "Iron Hammer of the Thunder Emperor!"

Man, he has really long attack names compared to literally everyone else.

A Holy Knight- one I actually recognized. He was the roly-poly guy from the fighting festival. I didn't get to see him fight, or anything, I just recognized him. He shook his little maraca things, pointing at both Hendrickson and Meli once again, dragging them both down so harshly with his attack that neither could move for a good few seconds. "Hyper Gravity: X30!"

After a few moments of the attack, Hendrickson outstretched his arm toward the Holy Knight, clicking his tongue.

"Mist Of Dull Agony!" The shout came from another Holy Knight, followed by the attacks of several others. They all continued to attack like their life depended on it, while us Sins waited for our turn. Any time that Hendrickson attempted to attack a Holy Knight or leave the area of attack, Meli dove in, taking the brunt of the damage, and keeping the demon in place.

Sadly, once the Holy Knights ran out of immediate power, Meli was left with the demon, both set to handle each other on their own (for the most part). I watched, flinching slightly, as the captain's body was sent flying upward by an outrageous attack from Hendrickson.

The two of them went back and forth, attacking one another to the best of their ability. Hendrickson seemed to be entirely unconcerned, as it seemed certain that he was going to win this fight. Although, he seemed to be catching on. He started questioning why the rest of us Sins weren't joining in the fight- why we weren't helping our captain. He resolved that we were too cocky, believing Meli could defeat him on his own. Definitely. Somehow, in that delirious wacko mind of his, he also decided the reason why Meli wasn't using Full Counter. Because he lost the ability to- as Ellie had only healed his physical attributes.

Pffft, yeah right! We're not idiots, contrary to what you may believe, asshat.

We now found ourselves standing outside of the ring where the two demons had been battling it out, staring down at the captain, who was beaten and battered from all the attacks of the Holy Knights. He lay on the floor, seeming unable to move as Hendrickson- who was beginning an attack- stared down at him in pity. However, before the demon could begin his assault, Meli darted up, holding him in a headlock.