57

"And what do you do if you see one of the big monsters?"

"Run and try to find a Holy Knight or you."

"What are you not doing?"

"Fighting on our own."

"Why?"

"Because it's not safe and we might get hurt."

"Good," I breathed, smiling down at the kids. They had all been answering my questions in unison, staring up at me with wide smiles. I nodded, after interrogating them for a few minutes, they had the rules I had set burned into their brains. As much as I hated to restrict them- because, let's be honest, rules are meant to be broken- I couldn't have them getting hurt because I decided to be reckless with their lives. I stood up fully, satisfied with myself an fthem. I was confident that they understood why I had been so cautious and what they could and couldn't do. Geez, I sound like a mom...

"Alright, guys. I've gotta go now," I said, "But don't worry, I'll come back to make sure you're okay. I just need to help everyone else out."

"Don't worry, Miss (y/n)!" Meera beamed, "We can do this!"

"Go help out the other Sins!" Pelio grinned confidently, "Oh, and tell Meliodas I said hi!"

"And tell Diane I say the same!" Meera added.

"Bye, (y/n)!" Emma spoke, waving broadly at me with the sword. "See you soon!"

"Right back atcha," I smiled, turning around. I spared one last glance at them before I went speeding down the kingdom. I winded through roads and fights between Holy Knights (who tended to be fighting a losing battle) and the New Generation creatures, setting any of them that were unlucky enough to cross my path on fire, hearing them shriek as they tried uselessly to put out the purple flames. It only look half a minute- if that- to reach the kingdom, where everyone had been. I looked around curiously when I found Jericho in the floor, with only a sheet haphazardly placed across her bare body. None of the Sins were around, but it only took me a moment to see them standing atop one of the piles of rubble that had a flat piece of stone atop it. Climbing up that pile was another creature, which was a deep blue and purple.

I ran up to it, driving my fist into its back and punching it upward. It was flying up, and I followed it quickly, jumping above it and slamming down on it with two pillars of purple flames, each of which came cascading from my hands. After it crash into the ground, I landed gracefully on the platform in which they were standing, grinning widely.

"(Y/N)?! Are you okay? What happened? Why were you gone so long?" As soon as King saw me, he flew up to me, examining each part of my body closely as he bombarded me with questions about my health. I chuckled lightly, sweatdropping as he did so.

"(Y/N)! You're back again! Where'd you go?!" Diane asked, beaming as she bent down and looked at me. I smiled back at her.

"I had to help some old friends out."

"That's poetically vague," mumbled King as he examined up and down my arms, having removed my cloak, much to my dismay. There was now a large, circular scar in my abdomen, right where Ban had pierced me. It wasn't unusual- in fact, I had countless scars littered across the entirety of my body, including one particularly badass one across my neck, when the humans of my original village had initially attempted to behead me- but at the same time, it was. I only ever got scars when I was injured by other demons- one of the few downfalls of being a demon of my caliber- and Ban was a demon, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't of the race. I'm not sure why it left a scar, but it did. In fact, come to think of it- I'm not sure why the beheading left a scar either...