59

A silence had fallen over the group- from shock or confusion, I don't know, but it was a silence all the same. We all stared directly at the demon, glaring in confusion or hatred- it varied depending on the person. Well, Gowther just stared at it, but I don't really count him since he 'just stares at' literally everything. Nevertheless, it was unnaturally quiet amongst the seven of us, each of us singularly taking in the sight and situation- except for Hendrickson, who stood, smiling condescendingly at all of us. His smile was really starting to annoy me. Maybe that's the only reason why he continued to do so.

"What is that corpse...?" King mumbled, staring at it with wide eyes.

"It's all fat and red and gross!" Diane exclaimed, scrunching her face up in disgust.

"It almost looks like the legendary..." King continued, but was cut off by Meli.

"Yeah, it's a demon." He said it so nonchalantly, you'd think he was telling you a story about how he walked to the store. It's not to say that it was unfamiliar to both him and I, but I would think he'd be socially aware enough to know how shocking that might be to others.

"The power emanating from it matches that of both Dale and the New Generations. It is no doubt the source of their powers," Gowther spoke, 'just staring' at the corpse.

"Are you serious?" King asked, "The Demons... still exist?"

Well duh, look at me, you dumbass.

"Of course. You should know of all people... this demon was found in the burnt remains of the Fairy King's Forest," Hendrickson smirked. Boy, immabout to whoop that smile off yo snarky ass. "This demon has brought an infinite amount of blessings upon us..! We experimented with the Old and New Generations to find matches for its blood; and the deciphering of the dark mark..! As a result I have been able to obtain the power of the Red Demon!"

Just as he said that, his smile and eyes widened sadistically. His right arm, which had deep purple demon markings all the way up to his shoulder, extended out, turning into six tentacles, each of which shot at every one of us. King flew out of the way, narrowly escaping; Meli swung his sword, blocking the attack; Diane did the same, only with Gideon; Gowther simply jumped up; and the Fox Sin let it impale him. I pulled out my whip, wrapping it around the edge of the deep purple tentacle as it shot toward me. I tightened it around, so that it formed a small loop, effectively blocking the attack. The rest of it built up in front of where I had stopped it, bunching together. I then moved to the side, sending it crashing into the floor. I stared at Hendrickson, entirely unimpressed. Mr. Jackass was now in front of him, the main tentacle from which the other six sprouted off of impaling him in the torso. Good. He deserved a bit of impaling.

"Power of the Red Demon?" He purred, smirking. "Then you can't beat me."

There was a small pause before the Fox Sin slammed his weapon down atop Hendrickson's head- heh, Head-drickson's head. Get it? Kill me- breaking the staff with the sheer force of the blow. "I'M THE ONE THAT KILLED THAT FUCKING FATASS!"

The entirety of the ground below him crumpled, caving it from the force of the blow and Hendrickson's body as it shot downward. The rock we were on shook dangerously, but eventually settled. Jackass (I think that should be his name now) turned around, darting over to the demon and beheading it before returning to the group. We were all around the large chasm it had formed, going much deeper than it should have.

"Ban... twenty years ago did you seriously..?" King asked, eyes wide with shock and confusion. He hesitated before answering.

"What happened back then doesn't matter."

Really? I think if 'what happened back then' didn't matter, I wouldn't think you were a steaming pile of crapshit and we might still be... romantically involved at the moment. What happened back then only matters when you want it to matter, sir- and that makes you even more of a douchebag than you already are.