25

Meli jumped upward, surging in a blur toward the fireball that was closest to the ground. He outstretched the hand which held his sword hilt, swinging it toward the flames. "Full Counter!"

With that, the attack stopped midair, bending slightly around the form of the captain because of its sudden stop. It then surged back at the attacker, flinging itself back to the person who had initiated the attacker.

Speaking of which.

Several large creatures came flying into view. They looked like flying stingrays, with my larger mouths, full of menacingly large and sharp teeth. They were a pale lavender on their undersides, and a deep purple on their backs. Their eyes glowed with a fluorescent yellow, and their screeches could be heard for a few hundred miles at least.

"Damn, they're here already..." Meli muttered, then saw the several fireballs beginning to surge toward the town. He looked over at me. "(Y/N)."

I blew a strand of air out of my face, stepping forward slightly. My gaze swept over the sky. There were twenty of them; fourteen small, and six of a mediocre size. I'm guessing Meli had countered the one with the most magical energy, and thus, was the largest one. Scoffing, I raised my hand upward. I pointed my outstretched palm in their direction. "Blaze Storm."

Fireballs matching the size of the largest fireball, which Meli had countered, and that I usually considered rather small, surged from my palm. About four connected with each of the opposing flames, enveloping them entirely. After a few moments of a particularly cool light show, the fire in the sky dissipated. I crossed my arms and looked up at the stingray things.

I had gotten rid of the attack within the span of a few seconds, so they hadn't advanced much farther. However, I could now make out the people standing atop the creatures. Three Holy Knights stood on them- two on the one at the head of the pack, and the third on the one following theirs. I growled at the sight of the two females on the front one.

I didn't recognize the shorter of the two, although she had a particularly ominous power coming from her, which was eerily similar to her partner's. She had short, pastel lavender hair, pale skin, and deep purple eyes that lacked pupils. The other girl, however, I recognized very easily.

Guila.

"Hey!" One of the crowd members shouted. "It's the Holy Knights! They're here to save us!"

"Please hurry and defeat the Eight Deadly Sins!" Another joined, causing my eyebrow to twitch. We literally just saved you assholes from their attack.

"Who do you think you are, stopping Holy Knight attacks?"

"You do realize you all would've died had we not done that!" I shouted in annoyance, but an audience member shouted in response.

"Crush the Eight Deadly Sins!"

"Quit your yammering," Ban spoke, approaching the man who had yelled the majority of the praises of the Knights. He reared back in fear as the Fox Sin approached him. "I'll pull all your hair, nails, and teeth out then feed you to the pig~"

Hawk's eyes widened, "What? Feed me?" Ban glared at him, so he quickly nodded in affirmation. "Oh, uh, yeah! Feed me human flesh!"

Ban glared menacingly at the crowd before shouting. "Now leave, you pricks. We'll kill you."

There were screams and shouts as people began running away from Byzel Rock. Once they were all filed out, Ban returned to the group, causing me to chuckle.

"So spooky," I teased, causing him to smack me across the back of the head. I laughed as I rubbed my sore cranium, "Hey!"

He smirked in response, mocking me with a high pitched voice. "Spooky."