58

There was now a standoff between the six of us and Hendrickson. That stupid, condescending grin never left his face, reminding me of someone in particular that made me hate him ten times more passionately. That sounded weirdly sexual.... ugh, whatever. The six of us were all glaring daggers at him; if looks could kill- our glares could kill the head of the Goddess and Demon Clans at the same time. It was horrendous how confident our opponent seemed- almost as though he wasn't facing against Britannia's most elite and powerful force, even without two of our members. He began talking first, breaking the angry and tense silence that had worked its way between the seven of us.

"My, my... I truly am honored to be in the legendary presence of the Eight Deadly Sins!" He bowed, then looked up at us, a sadistic smirk on his features. "However, you truly are evil beings. To have abandoned the captain and its citizens to deal with the New Generations all on their own!"

"I don't think you're in a very comfortable spot, though," Meli spoke, "Set your ego aside for a second and take a look around you."

The man glanced around, then his eyes widened, his face scrunching up. The entirety of the New Generation forces had been taken care of by King and that other guy (yes, I'm that petty), all of the demonic creatures within them being destroyed, with the Knights still left intact. Every able Holy Knight in the entirety of Liones was now surrounding the giant rock we were atop of, ready to attack. Look at us- such good party planners.

"Every single Holy Knight in the kingdom is surrounding this rock," the captain smirked, "Only they're not after us this time- their only goal is to stop you from getting away."

Hendrickson threw us a questioning glance, looking entirely displeased, mumbling a small 'Hah?' as he stared. But the small murmur grew into a fit of laughter, and he began hysterically laughing, his face contorting into one of sadistic euphoria. His voice was giddy and menacing as he shouted, his voice booming horrifically, "YES! NOW THINGS ARE GETTING MORE ENTERTAINING!"

He continued to laugh, mumbling to himself as he walked to his dismembered arm and attached it to the point where it had been cut off, the demon marking reassembling it. I scrunched up my face in distaste, mumbling to myself, "Weirdo..."

Wow. And that's coming from me.

"I have no idea how you managed to defeat so many New Generation pawns in such a short time, but I am impressed! Well done, Sins!" He smirked, "However, you cannot defeat me."

Meli darted forward faster than even I could see, cutting his arm off once again. "Yes, we can."

The arm reattached itself, Hendrickson haphazardly swinging it at Meli. The captain dodged it with ease, spinning around and slicing his blade through the Holy Knight's chest multiple times, so there were several large gashes. They healed almost instantly.

"It's futile," Hendrickson grinned maliciously, Meli bouncing backward and behind King, who had floated over and changed his Chasteifol into many, small knives. They all pierced him at once.

"Can you die at least four times? Otherwise he'll be mad at me," King spoke, his voice monotonous and dangerous. Hendrickson grinned, all of the knives darting out of his skin as he laughed happily.

"Oh! My turn!" I said excitedly, darting over to the man. I grinned once I was in front of him, and his eyes widened. I kicked him, sending him flying backward, then moved behind his soaring body, punching him downward into the ground. Blood spurred out of his mouth, and I grinned maliciously, "Blaze Storm!"

Countless fireballs of bright red flames appeared overhead, ramming straight into his collapsed body. Once they finished, I looked down at him, his body parts scattered within the small crater. I smiled, doing a backhand-spring so I joined King and Meli. Hendrickson's body began to regenerate, and he smirked condescendingly.

"I am invincible now, you insufferable fools!"

"Welp, I kinda tried," I laughed, a small pillow of flames appearing before me. I hopped onto it, crossing my legs as I watched the battle intently.

"I don't care if your invincible or not! I won't be satisfied until you're smashed to pieces!" Diane shouted angrily, spinning Gideon behind her as her hands of rock and earth appeared on either side of Hendrickson. They both smashed into him at the same time, squishing his body between the fists. "Double Hammer!"

"(Y/N), wanna go?" Meli asked, and I grinned, nodding happily. The both of us jumped above the supposed 'invincible man,' the captain speaking to him now. "I'll give you a tip since you're just a beginner. The demon powers will heal your wounds, but unless your immortal, or something, your body still retains the damage. So... how many times have you regenerated again?"

"Combined Technique:" The both of us spoke. Meli charged straight at Hendrickson, and I sent a large pillar of fire straight at him. The rocks of the hands reassembled- igniting in bright red flames- and began thrusting themselves at the man (I'm too dirty minded for this) as Meli attacked. "Ignited Crush!"

The enflamed rocks charged at the man, Meli's sword strikes hitting him at the same time. He cried out in pain, the repeated strikes ripping through his body as it tried to heal itself. Eventually the attack stopped, his dismembered body parts reattaching themselves as his various cuts and gashes healed. Meli and I ran up, Diane smashing Gideon downward. Hendrickson barely dodged our of the way, jumping straight into my path. I threw a kick at him, and he collapsed down, sweeping his foot under me. I gasped, not expecting the attack, coughing lightly as he punched me, sending me flying backward.

I made hard contact with something, but luckily my speed slowed because of it. I skid to a stop, looking behind me to find red leather pants sticking out of the barely-together castle wall. I smirked in spite of myself.

"Turning your attention away from the battle at hand may cost you your life, Ban," Gowther spoke, turning toward me. He looked behind me, "You as well, (y/n). I suggest you attack directly behind you... now."

As soon as he said that, I whirled around, blindly kicking directly behind me. He was correct, as Hendrickson's body had been flying directly at me. His eyes widened as my foot made contact with his chest, and he lingered there for a moment. I smiled, "Hey Hendy~ Have a nice flight!"

He shot off, and Gowther was now behind him. He slapped down his open palm, making the man stop suddenly and go crashing into the floor, the entire boulder we were atop of shaking dangerously. I watched as the Fox Sin climbed out of the wall and jumped in front of him, watching as he roof up and reattached himself. He smiled.

"Heyyyyyyy, where'd ya get that?" Asked the Sin, making Hendrickson scrunch up his face in confusion. "I saiiiiiiiiiiid-" His face contorted into one of anger as he began slashing down his four-sectioned staff onto our enemy's face repeatedly. "Where the fuck did you get that?!"

Hendrickson's body was forced backward and he crashed into the wall, it crumpling under the force of his body. He fell to the ground, blood sputtering from his mouth as he shakily stood up. Once he got to his feet, the wall had disappeared entirely, making all of our eyes widen. He smirked, wiping the blood from his lip as he chuckled quietly.

Behind him was a menacing face of crimson, with black, emotionless eyes that seemed to stare directly at me. The only sign of any life within its hating, unforgivable soul were white pinpricks in the voids of its eye sockets. It's smile was unsettling, unmoving and boring into my soul. Veins protruded from it's eyes, lining down its pudgy neck, chest, arms, stomach, and legs. It was suspended in the air by large rings, each with a large blade that impaled its arms and legs, holding it up in a most uncomfortable-looking and unsettling manor. The sight, though it pained me to say it, was familiar- the creature sending chills of hatred coursing through my veins as is stared.

It was a Red Demon. A dead Red Demon.