88

"Oh, no..." I whimpered, looking at Ban, Jericho, and Elaine, who were all staring at me.

I scrambled upward, seeing that Jericho was in perfect condition, grabbing Ban's face. I examined him up and down, not missing the small flinch that elicited from him at my touch.

"Shit... shit!" I exclaimed, now gently picking Elaine up and looking at her. She was leaning against Ban, and he eyed me as I gently lifted her arms and examined her face for any major injuries. I noticed how he clenched his hands protectively around her when I did. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

She smiled up at me, shaking her head. "No... I was worried you might, though, haha."

"Jesus Christ..." I muttered, running my hand through my hair. I looked away from them in pure, unadulterated shame, eyebrows furrowed and eyes glistening in pain.

Way to fuckin go, (y/n)! You go all berserk right when the Ten Commandments are here and everyone is basically dying! Great job, you should be sooooo proud of yourself.

"Way to make a first impression, right?" I chuckled awkwardly, healing any injuries across her body I could find. She laughed.

"No offense, but I like this you a lot more."

"Really? Y'know, it's funny, I get that a lot," I chuckled softly, moving on to Ban. I touched his face first, healing the several wounds across. His eyes bore into me, staring me down. I looked to the floor, ashamed. I made quick work of his injuries before standing up.

"Escanor is off doing... whatever it is he does," I said, dusting myself off as I stood, gesturing toward the open safe door. "So I'm guessing we're probably stuck here for a couple hours. You guys go out and try to get some rest. I'll make up whatever food I can with what he's got in here."

Ban stood up, still exhausted, helping Elaine to her feet. When she was up, she looked at me gratefully.

"I, of all people, understand. Thank you, truly."

"I'm just glad you're not hurt," I said, smiling thankfully at her. At least someone in the room wasn't terrified and/or completely disgusted with me.

I smiled smally, nodding at her as Ban carried her out, then looked to Jericho. She was in the best condition out of everyone, seemingly completely rejuvenated. Even her clothes had been repaired. I guess healing in that form is more powerful than I realized.

"Not tired?" I asked.

"Nope," she answered hesitantly, "Whatever you did when you healed me has got me totally awake."

"Ahh, good. Then you can help me make some food."

I turned away from her and started rummaging through the safe, finding breads and some nonperishables. There was little to no produce and maybe half a box of dried meats. I guess I could work with this, but it wasn't going to be anything Gordon Ramsay-level.

I hugged as I looked at the various ingredients. I wasn't the greatest chef, but I knew my way around the kitchen. This was still going to be difficult, though. Pasta with dried meat isn't exactly the most appetizing dinner. Still, I'd make do. I started looking through a box of spices, picking the ones I liked and setting them with the foods I had picked.

I got the sense that I was the only one looking, crouched down and putting anything I might use in a previously empty box. I could practically feel Jericho staring at me, and the tension in the air rang with an obvious feeling.

Fear.

I sighed, face slightly scrunched as I stared down at the food. I let my hands drool loosely and shifted my gaze to the floor. I was hesitant to say anything- for all I knew, she could be holding her sword up to me, getting ready to try and kill me.