55

GAHHH IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY PARENTS TOOK MY PHONE CAUSE THEY HEARD ME CALL MY BROTHER A PIECE OF SHIT AND I DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER

I grit my teeth, screwing up my face so my eyes were shut tight in concentration and pain. I kept my hands on both of their foreheads, trying my hardest to keep the demon blood from awakening. Sweat began to form in uncomfortable places, shining on my face and dripping down my cheeks and the back of my neck. I felt someone come up behind me, but I couldn't look. I was the only thing keeping these girls from transforming into the monsters, I assume, that were sprouting up around down. Bursts of dark magical energy consistently popped up, surging around town as screams and loud roars began to echo around the city- no matter where you looked or listened. I only knew it was King when I hear him speak.

"What's wrong with them?" He asked, and I felt his presence on my left. I panted, having not realized that I was holding my breath.

"They're... part of the New Generation..." I spoke, my voice strained. "The demon blood... is being awakened... and I can't... stop it... fuck!"

I was launched off to the side, toppling over Guila and taking King with me. I opened my eyes to find Jericho, her muscles and skin tearing open and enclosing her lower half, all the way up to her chest. It opened itself up and grew continuously, forming a large creature. It a large mouth and no identifiable eyes, and it's arms and legs were disproportionate in the most disgusting ways possible. The skin was a deep pink- like that of a burn wound- and it's head and hands were a deep purple. The pink of its torso faded down to black at the feet.

I turned my gaze fearfully toward Guila, over which Zeal was kneeling. He was staring up at what Jericho had transformed into, eyes wide and scared. I whirled back toward King.

"Protect Guila and the kid," was all I said to King before darting forward. Diane has stumbled up, her and the monster holding their hands against one another and pushing as hard as they could. I jumped up, spinning and kicking my foot out. It made direct contact with its face, sending it stumbling momentarily. It head-butted me right back, sending me crashing to the ground. I growled, pushing myself out of the crater and going back into battle.

"Diane! (Y/N)!" King shrieked, as I floated midair, extending both hands forward and a large stream of fire came hurtling out of them and at the creature, which roared in agony. I took extra care not to it my giantess comrade.

"King we've got this!" I shouted, gritting my teeth. The skin of the creature had been burned, it letting out a shriek as its body began to rebuild itself. The large chunk of its arm and upper torso that I had burned away reappeared in seconds. I cursed quietly to myself, then shouted, "Go help everyone else!"

"But Diane can hardly move and you-!"

"I'm fine!" Diane retorted angrily, but the monster was gaining some ground against her, pushing her backward instead of them both standing in the same place. "Bu... but what's going with Guila and the others!"

"It's the demon blood the New Generations drank!" I shouted, jumping on Diane's arm and running until I was on the monster's. Once I was at its elbow, I swung down using its skin, then kicked upward at the joint. It screeched in pain as it's arm bent at an unnatural angle. Diane pushed forward with that hand, bending and breaking the limb further. "It's being awakened!"

Diane breathed a small thanks to me, then asked, "Do you mean someone's behind all this?!"

"Don't you think it's weird how they all freaked out at the same time?" Meli asked, joining the conversation. As the creature's arms began to heal, I lit the limb with purple flames, running my hand down its skin and igniting the flesh. It cried out as I reached its shoulder, then punched downward. The bones cracked and it screamed, "The only way that this could make sense is if someone made them all go berserk."