41

I deadpanned, jaw nearly unhinged and eyes wide with shock. I stared up at the crimson-eyed asshole who had the audacity to come and save me after insulting my maturity, like the mangy little fucker he is. Then he springs this bullshittery on me like it's no shock to anyone, especially not me. Just casually reciprocating a crush, no biggie- you should've noticed by this point.

Sure, asswipe.

"Hah?" Was the only thing that escaped my mouth. I would cringe, because I probably looked like a brain-dead dumbass, but I was too ridden with shock to do anything but gape. He rolled his eyes, letting out an irritated groan.

"You know when someone saves you, there is something you should say," he hinted, raising a teasing eyebrow.

Mine furrowed, the response to my unadulterated shock snapping me back into reality. I gritted my teeth, now realizing what he had said, it's magnitude, and how monumentally pissed at him I was for fucking with me about something I took so seriously.

Now, it was my turn.

My hand made contact with his cheek, hard. It turned a light pink as his head snapped to the side. His expression didn't change, he just looked at me with the same, small smirk that he always had on his fucking face.

"You ass," I growled, "Now I know your purpose in life is to fuck with me!"

I fumbled backward out of his lap, trying to stand, but utterly failing. I fell back onto the ground with a loud thud, my head spinning lightly at the sudden and fast movement.

"You dumbass, you realize that you're still weak as hell, right?" Ban asked, walking over to me and crouching down.

"Fuck off, tree legs," I muttered, "You're the one who decided to come and save me just to fuck with me even more."

My words were laced with venom, and it looks could kill, no immortal could survive the glare I was wearing- everyone in a hundred mile radius would probably drop dead, too. Ban still wore that stupid, hot smirk that he always at on his stupid, hot face. Now he's being a stupid, hot asshole because he's still fucking with me in his stupid, hot way.

Have I mentioned how stupid, hot everything about him is?

"Get away from me," I snarled, "Go look for your ghost girlfriend."

"Last I heard you weren't exactly a ghost," he smirked. I nearly choked on air at the comment, my glare turning, yet again, into a look of dumbfounded surprise.

When the fuck did he get so smooth?

"But you don't like me," I spoke defensively, no longer wearing a glare, but an almost fearful expression. "You're just messing with me."

"You realize I just saved your ass, right?" He asked.

"Yeah but you would have done that for any one of the Sins."

"Mhm, definitely," he replied sarcastically.

"Look, Ban, I know you don't.... you don't... so why are you doing this?" My eyes scrunched up and my lip quivered for half a second. The asshole noticed my hesitation and my microsecond quiver. Of course he did.

"Come on," he sighed, walking over to the small table where my clothes and weapon were and bringing them over. He threw them at me, the shoes landing over my pelvis and the cloak slamming directly into my face. The whip-shot missed. "Everyone's bent on getting you back, and they probably already think someone kidnapped me too. So hurry the hell up."

I glared at him, but went along with it. I slipped my shoes on, much slower and with more difficulty than I would like to admit, as I grumbled to myself. The usual- 'asshole' this, 'asshole' that, although I did throw in the occasional 'fucktard' to spice things up. It took a minute or two, but I finally got all of my clothes on and my weapon secured. Now came the hard part- standing.