16

I stormed down the stairs, wiping a stray tear from my cheek. I wasn't so angry that I was crying; that's not what happened. It just leaked from my eye as the imagery from my dream lingered.

As I arrived in the downstairs area of the bar, everyone turned to face me. Ban, Meli, Ellie, and Hawk all acknowledged my entrance, but returned to what they were doing.

"Meli," I growled, and the bar keeper turned toward me with a neutral expression.

"Yeah?"

"What... in the hell," I spat, holding up the pieces of the Boar Hat uniform toward him. "Is this?"

"Our uniform."

"Why was it on my bed?"

"Cause I put it there."

"Give me my clothes."

"Nope.

"Give them back."

"Sorry."

"Meliodas, I swear to fucking god..." I growled, sighing. My frown deepened, and I returned the clothing to my side. "Why can't I have my clothes?"

"Cause I need you in the uniform if you're going to be a waitress," he hummed back.

"Then I won't be a waitress," I said, "Give my clothes back."

"Okay," he responded, and I sighed in relief. "After you wear it once or twice as a waitress."

"MELIODAS, I SWEAR-" I shouted, diving across a table and grabbing him by the collar. Both my threat and attack were interrupted by the soft spoken princess who sat at the table next to Hawk.

"(Y/N), have you been crying?"

I turned toward her with a raised eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Your eyes are slightly red, and there are small streaks of pink across your cheeks," she explained, eyebrows furrowed as she stared at me. "And your eyes are more relaxed and tired-looking than usual."

"Oh, no," I chuckled, lying as I rubbed the back of my neck. I set the captain down, who was also now staring at my face. "I'm just tired, that's all. Didn't get very much sleep last night."

"Cause you were crying?" Meli asked from next to me. I glared at him, and he shrugged. "She's right. You do look like you've been crying."

"Look, I'm fine," I said irritably, turning away from him and toward the stairway I had just come down from. "I haven't slept very well for a long time... And then I had a dream about wearing this." I lifted up the uniform, then grinned back at Ellie. "I'm fine, down worry about it."

I walked past Ban, who stared at me. I mouthed the words 'Please don't' and he nodded, looking nonchalantly back to the group. I sighed, stalking up the stairs toward the death of my pride.

• Time Skip •

"This doesn't even fit!" I exclaimed from in front of the group. I frowned as I stared at the outfit, which very clearly showed off my (f/c) panties and a considerable amount of my chest. The top was too small, so I had to leave the top two buttons undone. Since I was too lazy to brush my hair, I threw it up into a bun that was tied back with the part of the uniform that was usually the tie.

"I think you look great," Meli said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"No hands- stick to Ellie," I scowled, glaring at him.

"It doesn't even fit her!" Hawk huffed, looking at the outfit disapprovingly. "Can't we out some leggings on her, or something?"

"Nope!" Meli smiled, "The sexual appeal of the outfits makes it easier for her and Elizabeth to get people to buy booze and tell us stuff."