63

Ze Apostle Of Ze What Now?

"You sure have awakened a troublesome power," Hendrickson continued, sighing as he looked in the direction of Ellie. It was strange- she looked a lot different than before, even though it was only her eye that had been uncovered. Her bangs blew away from her face and her aura was overwhelmingly confident- almost intimidating- even though tears fell freely from her eyes. I would say down her cheeks- but the energy beams of pure power that came off of her radiated such force that the droplets few from her face the instant they left her eyes. She had one blue and one amber eye, the insignia of the goddesses imbued in the amber one. She stood just behind Hawk's corpse, next to Meli, who was wounded beyond all belief, just as Diane and King were. Jackass (much to my dismay) and I had sustained no visible damage. Gowther was missing his head.

"I'm so sad, Hendrickson," Somehow even her voice was angelic- radiating godlike confidence, even through its evident sadness. Unadulterated power came off of her in waves- never ceasing or declining in strength. I hadn't felt a power such as this since the Holy War. "My father held such strong faith in you..! He trusted you to take the mantle of Holy Knight Grandmaster after the untimely death of Holy Knight Zaratras. You were one of the most kind, gentle people I, and all of the people of the kingdom, had ever met. Everyone trusted you..! We all trusted you! So what happened? When did you lose your way..? You have hurt countless people... you have betrayed the kingdom... you have killed so many..! You took Hawk's life! What lead you down this path? What is it that you long for that made you stray this far?"

Without missing a beat, Hendrickson spoke with horrifying dedication and devotion.

"The resurrection of the Demon race and the destruction of the four clans who sealed us away," he said, "In order to break the seal, your blood- the blood of the Apostle of the Goddesses- is required." After his simple, yet terrifying, explanation, he raised his hands above his head, crossing his wrists, then swiping them downward to his sides. He spoke the words of his attack clearly- deafeningly. "Dark Nebula."

A purple-back orb began forming around his figure, expanding outward frighteningly quickly. However, before it got much farther, Ellie screamed, "Please don't hurt anyone anymore!"

Her voice echoed out strongly, a confident, good opposition to the frightening, demonic tone of Hendrickson. I stumbled backward at the sheer force of the blinding white light that exploded form her body, falling down. I growled to myself, cursing my uselessness.

"Come on, stupid demon powers, heal me!" I snarled, my body shaking violently. I could feel the exhaustion of every cell in my body. I had healed to much. Maybe just sued my powers too much in general. Man, that's annoying... "I'll sleep later! Let me take down this asshole- and maybe not have a reputation of being taken down by a fucking Incantation O-"

I cut myself off, eyes widening as the bright white shell of Ellie's power came crashing toward me. Instinctively, I curled into a ball, hugging my knees to my chest as I covered my head with my arms. I hated that, even after all these years, the fears of a demon still lingered within me.

However, when the power washed over me, clashing with Hendrickson's attack and easily overpowering it, I felt no burning. No stinging or horrifying pain ripping into my body. I felt warmth and rejuvenation. The struggle to move instantaneously disappeared, just as the exhaustion of my every fiber did. My entire body seemed to flourish, healing and reanimating almost instantly after her ability reached me.

Flowers bloomed on the rocky cobblestone surface, overtaking it in a split second and covering every inch of where her power touched with life. Where flowers didn't grow, grass did, greens and pinks and blues and every other color covering the area where the battle had occurred. Every Holy Knight's wounds began to heal- including Diane's, King's and Meli's. Everyone started standing up, staring at where their wounds had previously been with wide eyes and obvious shock. A marvelous light has enveloped the castle and the courtyard around it.