Eragon...

The two swords clashed against each other while the blonde woman and the blunette man were trying to avoid each other's attacks. They exchanged a few hits but neither of them could reach the other.

After a few more tries, they backed and decided to stop. Both sheathed their swords and bowed at the other.

" You're pretty strong, young lady, it's hard to avoid your attacks."

The blunette man wiped away the sweat that ran on his face. Alice did the same too.

Alice: " and it's hard keeping up with your fast moves as usual, uncle. No doubt you're the strongest swordman in Eragon."

The blunette man, Bercouli, had a bothered look on his face. His blue eyes were fixed on the young woman in front of him.

Bercouli: " the strongest... You're wrong, young lady."

The woman had her eyes slightly wide in confusion as the blunette man folded his arms in front of him.

He kept his eyes closed for a while before looking up at the sky.

Bercouli: " It has been around 19 years now, I wonder if he is still alive somewhere, that Gildarts..."

He stayed silent for a while, merely looking up at the sky.

Alice: " uncle..."

Bercouli was reminded of her presence and he offered and apologizing smile.

Bercouli: " sorry young lady, I was just recalling a few things."

The blonde then gave him a questionable look.

Bercouli: " before you came to this castle, young lady, there was another Knight here. He was the strongest among us all and he was the one who taught me everything I know. But I never, for once, managed to drive him to be serious while fighting me, not to mention that I never won against him."

Alice: " is he that strong?"

Bercouli: " it was said that he managed to push back a whole army on his own."

Alice: " what happened to him?"

Bercouli closed his eyes as he dived again into his memory.

Bercouli: " Gildarts! Why are you leaving! Now the kingdom needs you more than any other time!"

He yelled at his master as he was about to walk through the castle's gates with his bag on his shoulder.

The brown haired man merely casted the young blunette behind him a sharp look.

Gildars: " I can no longer stay here, Bercouli. My royalty in the first place is to Eragon and its people, I can't simply stand working with the ones who insist on keeping their eyes closed from the reality they are in and risking everyone else's lives."

The blunette man had a desperate look on the face, but he snapped when a giant hand was placed on his shoulder.

Gildarts: " grow up as a good and strong Knight and fix our kingdom, Bercouli."

And the man left...

Bercouli merely let out a sigh at that and looked at the blonde woman with a smile.

Bercouli: " don't bother about it, young lady, let's head back now. We need to refresh a bit after such training."

The blonde woman nodded in agreement and they walked inside the castle...

***
Far away...

" If you follow the river, you will reach to the border of a quite big town, you can get whatever you need there."

Rewrite: Dragons' LandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara