Take me with you...

Ryan blinked twice before his voice could come out.

Ryan: " eh!"

Alice merely closed her eyes.

Alice: " I've always wanted to live that way, to be able to follow my own heart and to be free from all kinds of control over me. After meeting you, I'm sure if I go with you, I may learn something or two from you."

Ryan rubbed the back of his head.

Ryan: " even if you say that..."

He looked at the far away mountain.

Ryan: " I don't think this trip will be really of use to you. Plus, it will be a long one, so you won't come back to your family soon."

Alice blinked twice at him.

Alice: " don't tell me you're going towards the mountain?"

Ryan nodded and Alice giggled.

Alice: " are you crazy or what, everyone know it takes days to reach it with a dragon let alone walking, that without mentioning the climbing thing."

Ryan: " eh! Is it that far really?!"

Alice: " you can't tell from here, but if you walk to there, it will need you 4 to 6 months."

Ryan: " and with a dragon?"

Alice: " a month."

Ryan rubbed the back of his head at that.

Ryan: " even I can't fly for a long time to reach there..."

He muttered as he looked at Amayori then at Alice.

Ryan: " are you sure about this, you may get in troubles?"

Alice: " I'm sure, plus, today's incident made me aware that there are people untrustworthy in the palace. I can't go back there."

Ryan sighed at that.

Ryan: " ok then..."

Alice: " then first let me introduce myself. I'm Alice Veles."

Ryan: " Yamano... Ryan..."

He felt uneasy for giving his surname.

Alice: " Yamano?..."

She narrowed her eyes at that but quickly pushed away her thoughts.

Ryan: " anyway, if we are going to travel together..."

He eyed her from head to feet.

Ryan: " then you need to change, this golden armor is so eye-catching."...

***
Castle ...

He panted heavily while turning his face away from her. The woman grabbed his face and obliged him to look at her in the eyes.

Irene: " now tell me, where is Yamano Ban?"

He merely glared at her with cold sharp eyes. Irene gritted her teeth at the strong flame that appeared for a second in them.

Irene: " it seems you still don't want to give up. I will show you despair itself then, till this red flame of you fade away."

She left him and hit the ground with the end of her staff and lightning shot from under the man, striking him.

Irene: " you will soon give up to me." ...