Silica...

The girl let a breath she didn't know she was holding when they passed by the guards. They didn't notice Pina and Ryan somehow managed to make his sword disappear, to which she wondered if he was a mage. But he told her something about a shadow and things like that which she didn't understand.

Although she was relieved that they had been through the gates safely, she still would look around with a worried glare from time to time. Not just once Ryan would ask her if she was fine or if she wasn't feeling good, which she immediately would shrug with a sweet and kind smile.

The blond man took out all the money he had in his pocket and counted it before sighing.

Ryan: " it's not enough for a meal and to stay a night in a humble inn."

Silica: " it seems we have to find someone who would need help with his work to get some money from him."

Ryan: " seems so."

For his first days around the towns, Ryan didn't know how to get the needed money, but when he bumped into some people who were loading a chariot and he helped them, they offered him some money for his help. Since then, he would usually help people with their tasks and work so that he can get the needed money.

The rumble of his stomach cut short his thoughts as he felt the urge to eat.

Ryan: " I'm hungry..."

He complained and Silica sweat dropped.

Silica: " well, it can't be helped. We had to skip dinner and breakfast to pay for our stay at the previous inn."

At the mention of the previous inn, she narrowed her eyes, remembering the feeling of the back of her head being in flames from being stared at.

For some reason when she was out of the inn, she wasn't feeling safe anymore and kept her guard up.

Ryan: " don't space out."

She was pulled to the real world when Ryan snapped his fingers in front of her eyes.

Silica: " uh... Sorry..."

Ryan: " it seems we're both hungry now. Let's go get a meal somewhere."

Silica: " alright, let's go then."

She agreed as she followed the man through the shops. But suddenly everyone stopped and looked up as a huge shadow passed by them. People panicked and started to worry at that.

 People panicked and started to worry at that

" Royal guards!..."

" What are they doing here?..."

" No one had broken any rules so why are they here?"

" Didn't you hear it, they said a rebel was in the nearby town and on the way to this town."

" Could it be, those Sleeping Knights?..."