Thanks...

A few hours after she came back to the castle, she was walking through the hallway, aiming for the throneroom with a fast pace. She was determined to have a long conversation with her mother.

She suddenly stopped when she saw Shensei landing in the garden through one of the balconies. Kenzaki got off the dragon and walked inside with a mixture of shock and frustration.

Erza: " Knezaki?"

Kenzaki snapped when he saw her and quickly bowed.

Kenzaki: " Lady Erza! I'm glad for your safe return!"

Erza: " thanks for the concern. You seemed bothered just a second ago, what's the matter?"

Kenzaki narrowed his eyes.

Kenzaki: " one of the rebels we captured that night was sentenced to die by the red dragon, yet, she managed to tame it and ran away with it."

Erza: " that red dragon! The one no body managed to tame?!"

Kenzaki: " right."

Erza had her eyes wide, but to be honest, she didn't expect less from Ban's friends after all.

Erza: " if you need to report that to my mother, please wait for a while. I need to talk to her first."

Kenzaki: "... Right, then I will check the prisoner."

Erza: " alright..."

She said and walked to the throneroom. She pushed the doors open and walked to the center of the room. She bowed slightly before facing her mother.

Irene: " welcome back, Erza. I knew you will handle things on your own."

Erza merely gave a nod at that before narrowing her eyes.

Erza: " mother, as I made my way back here, I stumbled across some horrible things. Horrible deeds done to the lower class of our kingdom. We have been thinking about revenge for so long and we forgot to look at our kingdom, as a result, the nobles are taking benefits of that by treating commoners badly. Please consider caring about the kingdom more than executing Kaidou Jin! We're the reason our kingdom fell in such situation and not him!"

Irene hit the ground with the bottom of her staff.

Irene: " that's out of question. You know very well that unless we fullfil the prophecy and hold a Light Sacrifice, nothing will be fixed!"

Erza: " but the main source of the problem will still be there! The noble-"

Irene: " the nobles have the duty to look after lower classes and afford to their needs in exchange for their hard work. If a noble treated a commoner badly then it's because he didn't fulfill his duty to work for that noble."

Erza: " but mother! Holding a Light Sacrifice and killing someone or fixing the kingdom on our own without shedding blood! What do you think is better?"

Irene: " shedding blood? Don't make me laugh, the one who will be sacrificed will be remembered as a hero who saved our kingdom."

Erza: " then what about Kaidou Jin, you know the prophecy states that we should avenge by executing someone from the killer's family to hold his punishment, yet Kaidou Jin is-"

Irene: " is not Kaidou Yushimitsu's biological grandson, I knew that a while ago."

Erza: " then, you can refrain from executing him!"

Irene: " that man himself is willing to take the responsibility of his grandfather's deeds, so that's enough for me."

Erza's eyes widened at those words.