Rising of The Princess...

Without known if they had won or lost, both the royal army and the rebels had to return to the Castle together.

Alice and Erza were in their mother's chamber, sitting by her bed's sides as they kept wondering about what to do next.

Reah and the other healers made it clear, that they couldn't stop Irene bleeding no matter how hard they tried and that she won't be living for so long.

Alice: " why did it have to end like this?..."

Erza clenched her fists as she recalled the brunette's words to them the last night when they got back to the castle

Erza clenched her fists as she recalled the brunette's words to them the last night when they got back to the castle. That their mother, was in fact, trying hard to save the kingdom from the corrupted nobles. That she wasn't neglecting her people, but that she was trying to lessen the losses as much as possible.

Erza: " why didn't she tell us earlier?.... Why didn't she ask for our help?... Why did she have to endure it all by herself?..."

Ban: " I'm in no place to talk in her stead, but I can guess why, from a parent's point of view... She didn't want to burden you with this... She wanted to finish everything by herself."

Erza: " mother...."...

***

***

They sat down, not knowing what to do, not understanding anything anymore.

One instant, they were fighting the rebels, the second, their alleys turned against the queen. And then, the rebels were trying to save her.

Their minds couldn't distinguish between their allies and their foes anymore. And more than once a quarrel picked up.

Bercouli and the knights had to watch desperately as their followers were fighting among each other.

The rebels kept a respectful distance from those of the royal army. Though they managed to make a truce with Bercouli and the other knights, but they were still able to tell a lot of the soldiers and left nobles aren't happy with that. Which had made things even worse for the royal army.

Of course, some of the rebels members weren't glad with that as well.

Kazuto: " it's something unexpected."

Ryuzaki: " no one would have thought it would end like this."

Jin: " I'm more worried about what will happen if the queen dies."