98

Minho had actually forced me to sleep when we got home. He let me eat first before carrying me up to my room (koala style, of course).

"I'll put on a movie, but you better get some sleep. I'll be here the entire time, unless you don't wake up at all. My dad wants me home tonight."

"Alright," I sigh, laying down with the covers over my chest. He lays down as well. "Don't fall asleep. You're dad will get mad."

"I'll set at alarm, just in case. Now go to bed."

"I'm not even tired."

"That's not what it looked like at lunch. If you had cereal in front of you, you would've dunked your face into it. Just try to relax, okay?"

"Fine."

-

Later that evening, I woke up to Minho struggling to sneak out of my bed. I just laugh softly, taking my foot and kicking him lightly. He chuckles in embarrassment, finally hitting the floor.

He leans over, kissing my cheek, "goodnight, Jisungie."

"Goodnight, baby. Drive safe. Let me know when you get home, I'll probably be up when you get there."

He pouts, "you need to sleep."

"I also need the bathroom and to eat. I haven't even seen my mom today. Here, I'll just walk you out."

Huffing, he agrees and pulls me up by my arm. I get out of my bed, rubbing my eyes and walking down the stairs.

"The monster is finally up," my mom teases, kissing the side of my head. "Are you going home, Minho?"

"Yeah, my dad said I should sleep in my bed more than twice a week if I want to keep living there since I'm always here."

"I'd be happy to have you live here," she laughs. "Drive safe, hon."

"I will. Have a good night, Mrs.Han."

I open the door for him after he gets on his shoes. We say our last goodbyes and I wave to him as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Hungry, baby?"

I nod, "what's for dinner?"

"Pork and rice. I'll heat you up a plate."

"Thanks ma."

-

"So, um, Jisung..." My mom starts, picking at her glass of water. "Next week, your father will be home. He wants to have a family dinner."

I chew silently, questioning why she was nervous. Family dinner? Were the grandparents coming over?

"Just us three?"

"With Heetuk."

"Oh."

Good feelings gone. Of course. I had forgotten all about him. Ever since Minho had taken me on that date when it stormed, everything had fallen into place again. We hadn't, or at least I hadn't, heard from Heetuk.

"I know it's hard, Jisung, but you gotta work with me here. Please, just behave. You can always leave after, but I'm begging you to at least try to talk to him."

I stay silent, debating in my head. Do this for mom. Do this for mom. You owe her this much. Just behave. You don't have to talk. Just listen.

"Of course," I choke out, clearing my throat. "I'm gonna go to bed. See you in the morning. Goodnight," I hug her, "love you."

"Goodnight, I love you, too."

I rush up to my room, diving into the covers. I was grateful for the sheets still having Minho's scent lathered on them.

I wanted nothing more than to complain to someone about this dinner. I just couldn't. I bother them too much already, a dinner won't kill me.

I glance at my phone, seeing a text from Minho seven minutes ago.

- - - - -

Texting Sunshine ☀️💕

i'm home :)
goodnight ❤️

goodnight ❤️

_____

Thank you for 60k!
When I saw it was Sunday, I was like omgg time to update my favorite book•