32

When Minho and I arrive to school, I spot Changbin and Felix talking to some people by the names of Mingi and Keonhee. I let them be, and instead went to my locker with the still dazed older trailing behind me.

"Min, you've gotta bring your mind to school now," I tease, nudging him with my elbow.

He stutters, "how am I supposed to do that after this morning? I still can't believe you did that. Who are you?"

"An angel. Specifically, your angel," I click my tongue and shoot finger guns.

"I hate you."

"Or do you?"

"I do."

"Right, okay. Whatever hoe," I sass, grabbing my notebooks for my first few classes. "I was just trying to prove a point."

"By doing that? You could've done it-"

"Are you complaining?" I ask, "because last time I checked, you liked it. Horny ass."

We walk to our geometry class, Ms.Chu out for the day and a substitute struggling to unlock the door. After minutes, she finally got it open.

The bell rang shortly afterwards, Minho and I already in our seats. The substitute greeted the class before explaining that we had a free day since the teacher's absence was so sudden.

I glanced out of the window, the sun barely out. I could see the buildings below us, other classrooms covered by shades. The shadows of this building loomed over the grassy field behind the school.

"Ji, are you okay?" Minho's voice snapped me out of whatever thoughts I was having.

"Yeah, sorry. Spaced out," I send a reassuring smile his way to let him know I was fine.

"What do you want to do? We have a full hour together before second period," he points out.

"Hm, I don't know. Oh! Let's play hangman on the backboard," I stand from the seat, heading to grab a dry erase marker for the white board.
_____
| |
|
|
|
———

"Okay, so," I begin, drawing out five spaces below the hanging thing. Whatever it was called. "Five letters, one word. Go."

Minho takes a minute before saying, "A?" I shake my head before drawing the head.

_____
| |
( ) |
|
|
———

"E?"

_ _ _ E _

"I?"

_____
| |
( ) |
| |
|
———

"O?"

_O_E_

"What the fuck?" He squints making me laugh. "I'm not even going to try U. What would that even make? Souer? Bouer? Anyway, um, R?"

_O_ER

"Ooh, we're getting somewhere. Yikes okay, B?"

_____
| |
( ) |
| |
/ |
———

"Fuck. Am I stupid? S?"

_OSER

His face lights up once I put the S, "poser!"

"You dumb-"

"Loser. It's loser. Wow," he drags out the 'O' dramatically, "that's rude."

"Listen," I take in a deep breath, "you suck at this."

He playfully glares at me, stealing away the marker, "fine. My turn."

_____
| |
|
|
|
——————

"A?"

A_ _ _ _

"Angel."

"Fuck!"