172

"Bang 'Christopher' Chan."

I jump up from my seat, along with the seven others. I shout loudly, whooping and clapping for my older brother. "Woo! Go Chan!"

"Yay, Channie!" His sister screams, clapping her hands wildly as her brother bounces up and down. His mom is crying while clapping, biting her lip to keep herself composed. I'm glad they showed up.

Chan bows to the principle and does that to the other school administrators who were invited. He holds up his diploma, grinning widely and meeting our eyes. Seungmin is in the middle of the walking area for families taking good photos while Felix takes messy ones from his seat.

It takes a good twenty minutes until his graduating class is throwing their caps up into the air. I'm pretty sure someone got hit in the face, but oh well.

That's when the chaos starts of everyone trying to either leave or get to their graduate. We were apart of the second group, practically pushing our way through. I was the first to get to him, tackling him into the biggest hug.

"I'm so proud of you, hyung! I can't believe you won't be with us next year. It's going to be so weird without you."

I force away thoughts of that before I can start crying. He laughs, patting my back and setting me down. "Thanks, Ji. I'm going to miss you guys so much, but don't forget I'll always be a call away."

"Now that Chan's gone, we can talk shit," Minho grins, winking at Changbin.

"Hey, hey. Jeongin is my spy. If you guys say anything, he'll report back to me. Right, baby?"

"Sorry, what?" Jeongin looks up, as if he hadn't heard a thing. Chan deadpans.

"Chris, baby." His mom finally catches up to us, making her way over to hug her son. "I'm so proud of you. You've done so well."

"Thanks, mom."

"Channie!" Lina and Mikey are quick to hug Chan's waist, holding onto him ever so tightly. "You're so old!"

Felix and I stifle a laugh.

"Thanks, guys," he laughs, kissing their foreheads. "I'm so happy you guys could come. Thank you."

"It's the least we could do. We're your family." His mom still has tears rolling down her face. I'm still unsure about her, but if she's making an effort, then I ought to give her a small chance.

Yeah, I guess I can do that. For Chan.

"So Chris, you hungry?" Jeongin teases. We almost never call him by his English name.

He sighs dramatically. "Yes."

"Dinner and then sleepover?"

"Absolutely. Mom, are you guys going to come with us?"

"Sure," she smiles. "Where to?"

Chan looks at us expectantly. We all make eye contact. "Dude, it's your graduation. You pick," Minho speaks up, shaking his head.

"You all are so indecisive. Let's go to the barbecue place. I'm craving meat."

_______

Btw, at graduation, I was the one to get hit in the face by my friend's grad cap 😭 it was right below my eyebrow

Also! I'm going to the SKZ concert on Friday in Chicago! I'll be wearing this dress (with some accessories ofc):

I'm so excited. I'd love to meet some of you guys there too!•