147

Exams were coming up fast. It felt like this entire school year flew by. It's been amazing, yet awful at the same time. I don't even want to think about recapping it right now.

"I hate everything," I groan, slamming my head on Chan's desk.

Everyone was at his apartment studying for their exams. The senior himself was watching a movie, relaxing. He was acing all of his classes, and he was confident that he could pass. Plus he could always just procrastinate it until the day before.

His graduation was coming up too. I kind of dreaded it. Even if I knew we were going to stay close, it's going to feel weird without him.

"Me too. My head hurts," Felix whines loudly, falling back onto the floor where he was staring at science formulas.

"Maybe if you actually paid attention in class then you wouldn't have to study as hard," Hyunjin points out, banging his head on his math textbook. Felix sticks out his tongue, mocking him.

"Real mature, guys," Changbin scolds. He was very ornery today.

"Shut up, Seo."

Hold up. I frown at the couple. Felix never calls him by his last name. It's like a buddy thing. They're not buddies. They're lovers. I make eye contact with Chan, seeing the confused look on his face. Ummm.

"I think we need to take a break," Minho announces, standing up from his seat. "We're all getting very frustrated and it's showing."

"Yes, please!" Jeongin jumps up, sudden energy charged back up.

"No."

That's all Changbin said, making the mood drop again. I look at Minho, flicking my eyes toward Bin.

"I think we should stop all together for now. It's getting late anyway," I say, backing Minho up. "Changbin, can you take me home?"

"Why can't Minho?"

"You and I are going in the same direction, hyung. My mom also made your favorite, so. I mean, it's fine if you don't want chick-"

"Let's go," he grumbles, slamming his book closed. "See you guys later. Hurry up, Han." He was already lugging his bag on his shoulder before I could register that we were leaving.

I jump up, grabbing my stuff and kissing Minho quickly. "See you guys tomorrow. Rest well."

I heard a bunch of 'you too's' as I walked out behind Changbin. We quickly made it to the elevator, stepping inside.

"What's wrong?" I ask as soon as the doors close. He closes his eyes, sighing. He knew there was no point in lying.

"Felix and I got into an argument."

"Oh." Well, no shit. "Do you want to talk about it? You know I'm here to listen."

"He's been distant and I called him out for it. He said he's been stressing over school, but I know there's more to it. He keeps lying to me."

"Why do you think there's more? What's he lying about?"

We step out of the elevator, going around the parking lot to his car.

"When he's stressed over school, he usually clings to me. He hasn't been, so I know it's definitely not that. If it was, he would've ranted to me about it. And I think he's lying about what he's doing all the time. He says he's out with friends, and then I hear from someone else that he wasn't. He's just been more moody, and I don't understand why."

"How has he been moody? Irritable? Angry? Depressed?"

"I... I don't know. I can just feel it. It feels more sad, and sometimes he just snaps at me. He looks stressed and anxious. I just know it's not because of the reasons he says."

"When you brought it up, how did you go about it? Did you talk to him or yell at him?"

"...I accused him of cheating."

"Changbin, what the fuck?" I stare at him while he focused his eyes on the road. "Of all people, Felix would not cheat."

"How am I supposed to know! It just feels like he doesn't love me anymore, and that really fucking scares me. I was angry. I shouldn't have outright yelled, but it's been so hard."

"You're right, you shouldn't have yelled. You need to go over there and talk to him. Explain how you've been feeling. Maybe then he'll open up about whatever has been bothering him. It could very well be a family matter, and you just made things worse."

"Fuck. Okay. I'll go over there when I drop you off. Thank you. I'm sorry I was snappy with you. I'm just scared."

"It's okay. Try to remember to be more cautious though. You can't push your emotions out onto other people. You have to deal with it calmly, even if it's a matter so serious."

"I know. I'll be better."