136

Minho's head rests on my shoulder as we talk. We were sitting in the food court in the mall, empty sushi trays in front of us.

"Min?" I say, breaking the silence that almost incapsulated us. The guilt from earlier was really eating me up.

"What's up?"

"I lied this morning. I'm sorry. I know you said don't lie, but I did anyways. I just didn't want to deal with anything about me today. It's supposed to be our day."

"What did you lie about?"

"When you asked if everything was okay before I went back into the house. I had a nightmare this morning that I crashed the car. When you gave me the keys, it freaked me out."

"You have to tell me shit like that. What the hell is wrong with you? Your paranoia could've gotten us killed. Driving with shitty anxiety is dangerous. God, you're so stupid."

"Lovely, you should've told me," he sits up, pulling me away from intrusive thoughts. "I know it's really scary dreaming about that. It gets your anxiety up. Please tell me the next time it happens. I won't make you drive if you are scared to."

The duality of my mind and reality. So fucking harsh. Where did that even come from? I know Minho is understanding. He'd never yell at me for something like that. Why do I sometimes see him in a darker light? Just to punish myself because I think I deserve it?

"And thank you for apologizing and admitting it. I know you're trying your best to open up, and I appreciate it." He sends me a smile, kissing my cheek.

I can't really say anything. I was too choked up. So instead, I kiss him. Long and lovingly. Nothing too crazy. Just gentle. When we pull away, I bury my head in his neck. His arms pull me closer. I needed this.

-

I try to look for the specific earring that Minho wants, but my head is throbbing. I squint my eyes, rubbing my temple with one hand as I go through the earring sets.

"Jisung?"

I stand up from my crouching position, looking to the direction of the voice. Holy fuck.

"Kyungho?"

"Hey," he smiles brightly. Man, he looked different. Better. Definitely better. He didn't have that dull or angry look on his face anymore. It was a nice change.

"Wow, hey. How've you been?" I try my best to keep my eyes open instead of squinting or flinching.

"I've been great, actually. Moving schools was a good choice. How's everything for you?"

"It's been good," I lie through my teeth. He doesn't need to know anything. It's just polite.

"That's great-"

"Kyungie, I found the necklace," a girl comes next to him, holding it up with a grin.

"It's very pretty, Nin. You'll look beautiful with it on," he compliments. Wow, they're adorable. "Princess, I'd like you to meet Jisung. Jisung, this is my girlfriend, Nina."

She holds out her hand, shaking mine politely. "Hi, nice to meet you. Are you an old friend?"

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Not really."

"This is the kid who got me to turn my life into something better. He helped me a lot, even when I hurt him."

"Ah, that's amazing. I'm glad someone helped you, baby. Um, I'm sorry, but we have to go. Remember my curfew."

"Oh shit, yeah. It was nice talking to you again, Jisung. Thank you for helping me better myself." He bows, but I quickly push him up.

"There's no need for that. It was nice seeing you too. I hope you two have a good night."

_____

It is currently 1:20am and I just got home from work and hanging out with a friend because I was on the verge of a literal breakdown :,) Saturday sucked, but I got ice cream, so it's okay•