54

Minho and I cuddle in my bed, my laptop on the side of the bed playing the movie 'Sunny.' My head was propped up on my arm, silently watching the movie while my other arm was laying over Minho's torso. Said boy was drifting off.

"Jisung?" His voice interrupts my focus, and I reach over to pause the movie.

"Yes, baby?"

"I love you." His voice comes out a whisper. A mere action of timidness.

"I love you too," I respond, kissing the side of his head, "so much."

"Thank you for taking care of me last night. I'm sorry that I came so late-"

"Hey, you have no reason to apologize. You couldn't have known what time that sort of thing would happen. It shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry that it did happen, but I'll always be here to take care of you. You've taken care of me so much, and you have no idea how much it's meant to me. It's my time to take care of you."

He suddenly bursts into tears, turning his body around only to shove his face into my chest. My eyebrows bunched together in worry, my arms automatically wrapping around his body.

I don't say anything, I just continue to hold him. He didn't deserve this. He deserved to be happy and unharmed. These things you aren't able to really see coming. It's something that happens to people every day. He was just one of the unlucky ones.

"C-can I stay with you? This weekend?" The older questions, sniffling but not looking at me.

"You can stay as long as you need, sunshine," I answer, my finger pads rubbing over his shirt.

Before he can respond, a loud door slam makes us both jump. I sit up quickly, my hearing immediately heightening. My parents.

"I can't believe you, Kijun!" I hear my mother yell. My heart began to race. Not now. Oh god, not now.

I jump up from my bed, "stay here." The statement came out harsher than anticipated, but I couldn't worry about that now.

I opened my door, closing it behind me. Running down the stairs, I saw my dad fuming while my mom is yelling at him.

"What do you want me to say, Eunsoo? Huh?! I'm providing for this family, you're not! Sorry I have to work all the time! What about Jisung, eh?! He's not doing-"

I speed back upstairs, pushing down the panic rising in my chest. Opening the door, I seeing Minho worriedly sitting on the edge of my bed while wiping away his tears.

"Hey, we're going to leave for a bit," I say calmly, the words coming out more shakily than expected.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I nod, grabbing my phone and setting my laptop on my desk. "Let's go, grab a sweatshirt of mine if you want."

I pull on my shoes, Minho thankfully taking a sweatshirt. I also grab my wallet, not sure if I'll be needing it or not.

Taking his hand, I tell him not to say anything. We quickly descend the stairs, rushing out of the door. I get in the driver's seat, Minho not questioning me.

Once we're on the road, I let out a breath I was holding. I wasn't too sure where I was going, but I just had to get him out of there. I didn't want him hearing that kind of stuff.

"Are you okay?" Minho sets a hand on my thigh, his face still having tear streaks.

"I am, I just didn't want you hearing that stuff," I explain, my eyes glued to the road. "Are you okay? That whole thing kind of cut you off."

"I am," he responds, "I'm just shaken up from last night. I'll be okay."

"As long as you're okay, I'm okay."

He giggles, "that's not how it works. We'll be somewhat okay as long as we have each other."

_____

MY BAD- late update was totally my fault, I apologize•