113

"When did you know this dinner was going to happen?"

"Two weeks ago."

"Why didn't you say anything? You could've talked to us about it," Chan says, almost scolding me for it.

"I didn't think it was a big deal. It's just a stupid dinner. Why should I get worried?"

"You've been worrying this entire time. I knew something was up. When I called you about-... w-when we had that issue, you were off. I knew it. I should've asked. I'm sorry-"

"You didn't know. I wasn't going to tell you either way. You had your own shit. I don't want everything to be about me. I'm... dramatic."

He rolls his eyes, "you're not dramatic, you're hurting. You should've-"

"Well, I didn't, Chan!" I breathe heavily, covering my face out of frustration. "Even if I did, how were you going to help? How was anyone going to help? That's right, you couldn't. Nothing would ease me before it. I was stuck in that situation, no matter how much help I asked for."

I cross my arms, staring out of his apartment window. Jeongin sat in between us, conflicted and confused. He knew only the basics of my issue and none of his own boyfriend's.

"I'm sorry, Jisung. I just... I want to help you so bad. You never deserved this shit. Everyone knows it. I want you to be okay. I want you to feel... not alone. I'm here for you. We're here for you. Always."

"I-I know. Thank you. I'm sorry for yelling."

-

"Sung, it's only eight. Do you want me to see if Minho can come over?" Chan suggests, hoping to get me to agree for once.

I'd rejected food, water, cuddles, and movies from the time I've been here. I don't know what was wrong with me. Something was off. It was like I wanted to go back to my house and hug him. Hug Heetuk. But I knew that as soon as I saw him, everything would fall again.

Maybe I did need to talk to him.
With less yelling.

I hesitantly nod, getting a 'yay' from Chan while he pulled up Minho's number on his phone. I didn't hear the conversation. I was too focused on Jeongin's warm arm around my shoulders and my thoughts.

The rain had subsided, leaving a wet imprint. The moon shined onto the small puddles, mirroring itself with the water.

"You should sleep for now. He'll be here in half an hour," Chan says, noticing the bags under my eyes that I failed to hide.

I shake my head, "no, I'm fine."

"Hyung, if you want help, you need to let us help you," Jeongin points out.

Right. Come on, Jisung. You'll be okay. Even if you have a nightmare, they'll be here. Let them help you. Give into them. You asked for it. They're your family. Let them help. They care.

"Okay, okay. Just... don't leave me," I whisper, looking up towards them.

"We won't. Pinky promise," Chan smiles, holding out his pale pinky finger.

I connect it, grinning a bit. He puts on a movie, it soon being drowned out. I rest my head on Jeongin's shoulder, closing my eyes.

-

"They're so cute," I heard a whisper.

"Shh, take a photo before they wake up."

I hear a phone camera click before I squint my eyes open to see Chan and Minho standing over Jeongin and I.

"Oh shit- hi, angel," Minho waves, smiling a bit. "How'd you sleep?"

I groan, shifting my cold body, "I wanna sleep some more, but someone had to wake me."

"Sorry," Chan giggles.

"I'm gonna take you back to my house," Minho says. "Come on, Sungie baby."

"Pick me up, I'm lazy." I let my eyes close again, waiting for my knight to pick me up.

"Brat," he says before kneeling and letting me cling onto him like a koala. "See you guys tomorrow. Have a good night."

"Thank you!" I shout, giving Chan one last smile before Minho takes me out of their apartment.

My boyfriend sets me into his car gently, running over to the drivers side.

"So wanna tell me what happened?" He questions hesitantly.

My face falls, "my... my brother. We had a family dinner."

He gives me a sympathetic look, taking my hand in his. Instead of arguing with me and asking why I didn't tell him, he says, "don't worry. Forget about it tonight. I will give you all the love in the world."

Smiling, I rub the back of his hand with my thumb. "You have me now," he speaks with certainty, "and I don't plan on letting you go."

______

It's been a really, really rough week•