87

I hug Minho's arm tightly once we get to the lunchroom. My heart was pounding and I felt overwhelmed from nothing. I hid my face in his shoulder until he pried my hands off and wrapped his arms around me instead, protecting me from the outside voices.

Classes this morning had been fine, but there was so much going on in my head that I couldn't focus. I couldn't do my math homework. I couldn't do anything but sit in art class. Changbin had to explain some things to the teacher in psychology when I had to step out in the hallway.

"Is he okay?" I hear Seungmin whisper, trying not to disturb the tension.

"Just stressed, I'm guessing. He didn't sleep much. He had to talk with the family yesterday," Minho explains to them, rubbing my back gently.

"Oh jesus," Chan bites his lip, "that never seems to go well."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," I speak up, unmoving from my spot, "he means nothing. Please stop talking about it. Please."

"Yes, we'll stop talking about it. Sorry, Sung," Hyunjin says, patting my back.

-

Felix and I walk to our English class, stepping through the door and sitting in our seats.

"Hey, Ji?"

I look at him, fumbling with my pencil, "yeah?"

"You know we're here for you, right? You can tell us anything."

"Lixie, please stop. I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about it," I beg, my heart aching for my bed, just to lock myself away. "I just want to get through the day and go home."

He nods hesitantly, reaching forward and pulling me into a small hug, "Yeah, yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to press. I'll stop."

-

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you home, angel?" Minho questions, his hand already holding mine.

I nod, "I'm sure. I just need to think for a good bit. Thank you though, for just working with me today and not pushing."

"Of course baby, I'll always try my best. I'll talk to you later then, yeah? Text me when you get home."

I agree, beginning to walk away, but he stops me. His hand caresses my face, his thumb swiping across my cheek. He places his lips on my forehead before bending down to place them on my lips.

We pull away after a few seconds, not wanting to get distracted. I knew how he could be. The thought made a small smile appear on my face.

"I love you," he whispers, loud enough for only me to hear.

"I love you, too."

I start walking away, stuffing my hands in my sweatpants pockets. I already had put in my earbuds, playing some Dean to go along with the aura I had going on.

______

Life just keeps getting harder and harder. I really wish I had an Minho to keep me going :(  •