106

"Hey J," Changbin comes up next to me. "Why weren't you at school yesterday?"

"I was sick," I explain, confused as to why Minho didn't tell them. "Min didn't tell you guys?"

"Well, he wasn't there at lunch because he had to retake a test. And I guess, throughout the day, he just never ran into us. It sounds weird, but I don't know. Our group isn't the same when you're not there."

My heart fluttered at the idea. I never knew the impact I had on them. It still doesn't make sense though... I don't know.

"Oh, that's... weird. Doesn't he have classes with you guys? At least some of you?"

"Yeah, but we don't sit next to each other. I would've messaged you and asked, but my phone charger broke and my phone was dead. I just got one yesterday afternoon, but I completely forgot about it. I just assumed you were sick and left it at that."

I hum, staring at the cement below us hard. Is he okay? Is he hiding something? I trust him enough to talk to me if he needs to. If it's a personal problem, that's fine. But it's really starting to worry me. It's probably just my anxiety or something.

"Oh, okay."

-

"Hey baby." Minho kisses my cheek, hugging me close.

"Min, about this morning... are you really okay?" I question quietly, not wanting anyone to overhear our conversation. Everyone knows how teens can be.

He nods, connecting our eye lines. "I'm okay. It just worries me sometimes. People can get exposed so fast and so easy. And I would never want to make you uncomfortable. I don't know, I want you to trust me."

"I do trust you." I place my hand on his cheek, rubbing it with my thumb pad. "I thought we covered this before. If you ever made me uncomfortable, I'd tell you. Same thing for you."

"I-I know." He drops his eyes to the ground. "I just... I had a nightmare. That I forced you to show me. And inside, it felt so wrong. And I feel so guilty. And I don't know how to handle it. I've never had a dream like that before. It was so scary because I could clearly see the look on your face, and I could... feel what you were feeling."

"What was I feeling?"

"Anger... disappointment... fear..." He whispers the last one, showing that that was the one that affected him the most.

"Oh, baby," I sympathize, hugging him tightly.

"You're going to get angry at me sometimes, but I never want you to be afraid of me. I never want you to be disappointed in me. It's such a scary thought, Jisungie. Making the love of your life scared of you."

"I'd never be afraid of you. Even when you're mad, I'm not afraid of you. I only fear you ending our relationship. But I'd never fear you as a person unless you legit gave me a reason to. Don't worry, sunshine. You're safe with me, safe from that. I have no reason to be afraid of you. I love you so much."

His breath out is shaky, so I rub his back and kiss the side of his head. "It's okay."

"Thanks, babe. I'm sorry, I know it's stupid. I know I shouldn't be so anxious because of a nightmare."

"Don't invalidate your own feelings, Minho. I've done that plenty of times. I understand where you're coming from; being afraid of a nightmare seems childish, but it's not. It's normal. So no, it's not stupid. I'm glad you told me. I was really worried about you this morning. You're not exactly a serious person, so when you brought that up, I thought something might've happened to you."

"No, nothing happened. Thank you. We should get to class, the bell is gonna ring any second."