140

Once I make it home, I open the front door. My dad's truck was out front, filled with stuff being brought inside. There wasn't much.

"Hey mom," I greet, kissing her cheek and hugging her. "You make dinner yet?"

"It's cooking right now. You want to go help your father and brother? They're still bringing in his stuff."

"No."

"Jisung-"

"Mom, please. Did he talk to you about the argument we had in the car?"

"What argument?"

"Let's talk in the kitchen."

We move to that area. Fuck, dinner smelled so good. My stomach growls at the thought of eating. Ah, man.

I begin to whisper the story, telling her everything he said to me. "He doesn't know he messed everyone else up. He only realizes that he messed up his own life. He's never apologized. He doesn't take into account our feelings and our trusting abilities. And I told him what they were, and he didn't listen."

She stays silent, stirring the pot. I wasn't sure what was going through her head. I didn't believe I was in the wrong, but maybe I was. Maybe I was being overdramatic, too sensitive.

"I know it's hard, Jisung. Believe me. And I'm trying so hard to take him back and be happy that's he back. It's so hard, I know. I can't trust him either, and I don't know if I ever will. But we just... we have to let him back into our lives whether we like it or not. I'm not saying you're wrong. You are completely right to think like that, and I'm so grateful you told him off. You stood up for us. You have courage. I don't even know who you got it from."

I wrap my arms around her again, wanting our pain to dissipate. We didn't need this in our lives.

"I'm trying, mom. He's not making it easy. He starts fights left and right. He says dumb things all the time. He's so insensitive about everything. And he always plays victim. He blames us for everything. I can't just let that go."

"I'm not asking you to, honey. I just need you to try and help him see his wrongdoings, but without arguing."

"But-"

"He's starts it, I know he does. But you have to be patient. I know you have been for so long, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. You shouldn't have to, yet here we are. Please, try to get along."

I sigh, feeling like I was supposed to be frustrated with her, but I wasn't. I was calm. I knew she was right. She understood me, but we needed this to get better and not have so much weight on our shoulders.

"Okay. I'll try."

_________

Early update because I don't want to interrupt your holiday~ I'd just like to say happy holidays! Merry Christmas (eve(L))! Feliz Navidad! I hope you all enjoy your days to come :)•