101

TW: Mentions of attempted suicide•
______

After they were all cried out, Changbin and I hugged Lina. We'd known her since she was so young. She had definitely grown well.

"Lin, why..." Chan started, "why did you do it?"

She shakes her head, "I didn't. I-I mean I did, but not to the point where I was going to... die. This was the only way to see you. I couldn't take it," she whimpers, "Mikey was supposed to be the only one home. We had a plan, but it failed because the parents were home early and I panicked."

"Oh my god, Lina," Chan sobs, "what the fuck? We could've figured something else out. What if you had taken too many? Huh? What then?"

"I-I'm sorry, but you know there wasn't another way. We tried everything. Mikey and I tried running away, but he's too young. Where do you live? We can come home with you!"

"There's always another way... fuck, Lina. I'm sorry, but that can't happen. You're better off with them. I'm struggling right now, I don't want to put you in that position with me. Even if I wasn't struggling, I can't just take you away from them. It doesn't work like that."

"But Channie-"

"Lina, no," he whispers, grasping her hand, "we'll find another way, I promise you. I will... talk to mom. Okay? You're only fourteen and Mikey is eleven. I will do everything in my power to come see you again."

She nods slowly, hugging him again like it would be the last time she did. That's what scared me.

"Lina!" Someone screamed, making Changbin and I jump away from the door. It opened, revealing Mikey and their mother.
"C-Christopher."

The air was tense after she saw Chan, but Mikey wasted no time in jumping on him.

"Channie!" He squealed happily, "I knew you'd come back for us!"

"Always, Mike," he chuckled, making the hug count. After all, his mother was burning holes into him.

"Christopher," she said, but it didn't come out angrily. It didn't come out with poison. It came out with guilt and sorrow.

Chan pulled away from Mikey, standing and meeting his mother's gaze. "Mom."

"May we speak in the hallway?" She asks, fidgeting with her hands behind her back.

They walk out together, shutting the door. I turn toward Changbin, "do you think they're going to be okay?"

"I don't know, Ji," he sighs, scratching the back of his head.

We watch the siblings talk, Mikey still not having noticed us. It was cute. He had grown so much from the last time I saw him. He then turns his head, making eye contact with me.

"Sungie!" He yells, running toward me and having me catch him in my arms.

"Hi, little one," I greet, giggling to myself.

"BonBon!" He shouts again, hugging Changbin as well.

"My my, you've grown so big!"

"Did you take care of Channie hyung for us? You better have," he pouts, making us laugh.

I go down on one knee, taking his hand in mine, "we took care of Channie, and he took care of us as well. He never gave up on trying to see you guys, never. You have the best big brother ever."

He grins, hugging me again, "thank you."

We caught up a bit more with the two, time flying through. Jeongin had texted me, asking if everything was alright. He was worried about the elder, never receiving a message back from him.

I told him that he'd have to wait for Chan to tell him. Again, it wasn't my place to tell. I loved my friends, but some things had to be kept a secret. Everyone has their own secrets and struggles.

The door opened, Chan walked inside with his mother trailing behind. He looked somewhat content, dry tears etched on his cheeks.

"Ji, Bin, we can go now-"

"What? No, hyung!" Mikey screamed, holding onto the elder for dear life. "You can't leave again! I won't let you!"

"Don't worry, buddy. I'll be back, I absolutely promise. I'll see you sometime this week, okay? Everything will be alright."

"Pinky promise?"

They connected their smallest finger, gazing into each other's eyes with love. Chan kissed his forehead and went to Lina, doing the same.

"I love you guys."

"We love you, too."

______

•ummmmmm i'm sad LMAO maybe double update today, idk•