99

TW: Mentions of attempted suicide•

_____

Incoming Call: CB97 Loser
Answer | Decline

My consciousness slowly fades in as I hear my phone rings. It was specifically Chan's ringtone. I sit up quickly once it became clear that Chan was calling me. At five in the morning.

- - - - -

"Hello?"

"Ji, I need you to get Bin and come over. Right now. P-please." You could easily tell he was crying by how his voice shook and cracked.

"On my way. Be there soon, hyung. Just breathe."

- - - - -

I threw the covers off of myself, not bothering to get dressed. I had on sweatpants and threw on a jacket. I ran to my mom's room, shaking her awake.

"What is it, hon?"

"It's Chan, something happened and I need to go over there right now. I don't know if I'll make it to school, but I'll text you if you need to call them about a family emergency."

"Of course, baby. Tell Chan he's always welcome here. Do you need me to drive you?"

"No, I'm gonna run over to Changbin's. I gotta go, I love you."

"I love you, too."

I ran down the stairs, almost accidentally slamming the front door shut. Running down the sidewalk, I called Changbin, seeing his house come into view.

- - - - -

Calling Pigunny 🐷

"Jisung, what the-"

"It's Chan. Get your ass outside, we need to go over there."

"Coming."

- - - - -

He was outside in less than two minutes, having to tell his parents, as well.

Our parents knew very well about Chan's situation. Our families were close ever since us three became the trio. They all understood that if one of us needed the other two, then we had to go. They knew we weren't going to cause trouble or anything. We just needed to help our friends. Our brothers.

"What did he say?" Changbin sped toward the apartments four blocks down.

"He just said he needed us. He was crying really bad," I reflect, my heart pounding at the thought of my hyung being hurt.

"Fuck..." he muttered, "do you think it was his parents again?"

"I don't understand how it could be them, though," I shake my head, "I thought they were out for good."

"I don't know. What if... never mind. That couldn't be it."

"What?"

"...his siblings. What if something happened with them?"

I swallow the lump in my throat. It could easily be them. They memorized his phone number in case they ever needed him. His parents forced them to never speak to him, but they always found a way around it.

"Hurry," Changbin shut the car off and we both bolted through the doors. We were lucky he lived on the second floor.

"Hyung, it's us!" I shouted, knocking on the door while Changbin unlocked the door with his key. We both had one in case of an emergency.

When we opened it, he was sitting on the couch, face planted in his hands. His shoulders were shaking- scratch that, his entire body was shaking. Changbin and I share a look before cautiously stepping toward him.

Changbin touched his shoulder and was immediately pulled into an embrace, his shoulder already starting to get soaked with tears.

"Channie, what happened?" I questioned softly, rubbing his back and giving him time to respond.

"M-my sister. She- she-" and he sobbed again before he could finish. "She's in the hospital! She tried to commit suicide!"

Changbin and I gasp, tears being brought to our eyes. I joined the hug, already feeling the lump in my throat.

"Mikey called me this m-morning. He was screaming at me to come, but my parents snatched the phone away before he could tell me where she was."

"Oh god, Channie," I whimper, "I'm so sorry. We can call the hospital that was by your house and see if she's there, okay?"

He nods slowly, "okay."

It broke my heart to see how upset he was. He looked so broken. I'd never seen him so devastated before other than when his parents first kicked him out.

It was because they found out he was gay. They were disgusted with him, but his mother still had somewhat of a heart. She agreed to pay for school as long as he stayed away from 'her family.' Honestly, I don't know if his mom was fully against it, but she let her son get kicked out and that's enough to call her an unworthy mother.

My family and Changbin's family have been helping him out since. He originally stayed with Changbin, sometimes staying with me when he needed to. This was all before Heetuk had run away. Chan had found an apartment by then.

"Hyung, let's get you to bed, okay? We can watch movies and I'll cook you something. Once you calm down and have some food in your system, we can call the hospital and see where she's at. Does that sound okay?"

He nods again, deciding against using his voice. Changbin and I pulled away from him, helping him up like a child. A child that needed to be protected from the world. Changbin climbed into the bed with him, knowing he needed someone to hold.

I knew he wanted Jeongin, but I also knew that we would make him feel safer if it was just us. We've all been through shit together. Our home is with each other. Nothing can or will tear our bond apart.

______

Side note: my stories = tons of angsty conflict. I honestly don't know if I should be sorry or not