Credits

November 4th, 2019. That's when I began this journey of Jisung and Minho against the world. It feels unreal to even be writing this, but here we are. I honestly never knew when it was going to end. I had so many ideas piling up again and again. I'm way too attached to this book, so it hurts very much to even think about it ending. That's why instead of forcing it just a bit longer, I'm ending it here. If you guys have any questions, feel free to comment.

Seriously, though, this has been one hell of a journey. I started this book when I was a sophomore, hence why Jisung was a sophomore. I'm a graduated senior now, and his year is just ending. Fucking crazy (I need to update faster smh). This character has lived through so much shit, yet he's still here. Just like me. And he will continue to be here for a long time.

A few of you have pointed out the realistic points in this story. His brother being an issue in his life, his parents saying certain things, his thoughts wearing him down. Some say how they have a feeling this isn't complete fiction.

Well, authors tend to attach books to them in some ways.

This book was honestly difficult to write at some points. I would go over each chapter, rereading it about a million times. Sometimes, I'd stop writing for weeks, maybe even months. I've had plenty of chapters stocked up for such a long time, so I wasn't too worried. Writer's block hit me so many times through this.

I'm incredibly grateful to my friends who started with me on this book. My very special friend, L, has been with me for awhile on this book. She's reread the beginning many times, given me feedback on multiple chapters, and yelled at me for the angst/making the characters suffer (we still "argue" over it and it just makes me love her more). Even other friends have supported me through this. I've had them read chapters or ideas for this book at some point. Without them, I'd probably still be stuck at chapter 100.

If any of you started at the very beginning when I was just five chapters in, props to you for staying. If any of you came in at the very end, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this and support it. Thank you all for staying with me for this ride. I've had the time of my life writing this.

It's incredibly sad to see the end. This was definitely my comfort book when I needed it. Such a long journey and it feels like the end came so suddenly. I hope it wasn't too abrupt.

There are a couple loose ends to fix up. I am very aware. What's going to happen to Heetuk? What will it be like when Felix moves in with Chan? Why was Minho so worried about the school year coming to an end? The list goes on.

Just be patient and you'll get rewarded, I pinky promise! :) Stay in touch. I love you all.

Thank you.

- CarmenKB

- - UPCOMING - -

Why So Sweet?