52

During the rest of the week, Minho had forced me to sleep. He'd given me sleeping pills, refusing to let me harm my health any longer. It helped, honestly. I didn't really notice how bad my health was until he talked to me.

I set my copy of Field of Roses down, setting a bookmark inside so I wouldn't lose my place. I turned over in my bed, reaching for the lamp. Just another night alone.

My mom had to work late, possibly coming home tomorrow morning instead of tonight. No one had messaged me, not even Minho. It was weird, but maybe he was working late tonight. It was only Friday.

I knew that the weekend was near, but man, I was tired. I rest my head on the pillow after opening my curtains to let in the moonlight. I hated sleeping in complete darkness. That's why I usually had some kind of animal in my room, such as a fish, dog, or cat. All of my animals died years before, so I kind of rely on the moon now.

- - - - -
1:20am

Incoming Call From Minhoe 🥰💕

"Hello?" My groggy voice speaks into the phone, it being a bit husky as well.

"Jisung, pl-please open your door," Minho breathes shakily, immediately waking me up. He sounded scared.

- - - - -

I run down the stairs, flinging open the door.
There stands my boyfriend, covered in blood and torn up clothing.

"Oh my god, Minho!" I practically scream.

Tears flood his eyes and he steps forward quickly, bringing me into a hug. He was trembling horribly. He let out a sob, breaking my heart.

"What happened, baby?" I question, not caring that he was also wet from the rain.

"I was j-just trying to get home. A few guys stepped i-in my way. I was so scared. I've never been so scared," he says, tightening his hold.

"Oh sunshine," I say, "let's get you cleaned up, okay? Then we can go to bed."

He nods, letting me go. I take his hand gently, pulling him up along the stairs to the bathroom. Sitting him on the toilet lid, I search the cupboards for a clean washcloth.

Dampening the material, I gently pat his cheekbone and the side of his lips. He looks up at me through his red and puffy eyes. He reminded me of a hurt kitten.

I cup his cheek, pressing a soft kiss to his temple, "it's going to sting a bit." I lift up an alcohol wipe, swiping it across his forehead before blowing on it to cool it off. After adding some ointment, I open the bottom cupboard.

"Do you want a Marvel plaster or Frozen?" I question, trying to lighten the mood.

Even with all the blood, it was only a small cut. Luckily, it was only a few small cuts.

He cracks a small smile, "Frozen."

"That's my boy," I say, unraveling the bandage before sliding it on. "Into the unknown!" I sing softly.

He lets out an airy laugh, reaching up and wrapping his arms around my waist. I lean down, letting him kiss me.

"Are there any more cuts or wounds I should know about before we go to bed?"

He shakes his head, standing up. Even if he let a few smiles slip, I could tell he was still upset. Who wouldn't be? Something like that would be horrifying.

We get inside my room and I hand him some sweatpants and a clean shirt. I go back and grab a different shirt since this one was bloody. My pants were fine. I slip it off, not caring if he saw. It wasn't exactly the mood to be playful in.

We both got into the bed, me being the big spoon tonight. Although it was usually the opposite, it wasn't weird since I was barely shorter than him. Plus we both knew that whenever one of us needed the other, the positions would obviously switch.

My one arm wrapped around his waist while the other supporter his head as a pillow. I set my head behind him, giving his neck a few kisses before stopping.

"Goodnight sunshine," I whisper, pulling him closer to me.

"Night," he says. His voice was small, almost as if he was embarrassed that I had seen him like that. Poor baby. I was beyond pissed. I wanted to find those thugs and kill them for what they did. Fucking assholes. Beating on a kid.

____

Thank you 15k reads!•