149

"I'm going back to Australia," Felix announces, clasping his hands together tightly. "My parents made the decision weeks ago. They said at the end of the school year, we would move back."

The room is in shock. No one said a word. It was so silent, you could hear our hearts breaking. Our Felix? Our sunshine? He's leaving us? It would be different if he moved to another district, but another country?

"Why?"

"I... I don't know. They miss it, I guess."

"They can't just take you out of school two years before you graduate!" Hyunjin stands, very reasonably upset. "That's not fair to you. Do you want to go back? Did you have a choice?"

Felix bites his lip, looking down at his lap. "Of course I want to go back, but no, I didn't have a choice. If they leave, I have to go with. They're my parents."

"You can stay with one of us," I say, already thinking it out. "It's only two years. You don't have to leave. Talk to your parents. Or persuade them to stay just a bit longer."

"Jisung, that's crazy," he frowns, shaking his head. "You guys already have things going on. I'm not going to interrupt. Even if I could find some place to stay, they wouldn't let me."

"We can all convince them to let you stay," Chan says, looking him in the eye. "You can stay at my apartment. It's big enough for two people. If we all talk to your parents, they'll see that we'll take care of you. You can go back to Australia sometime, but your home is with us."

"Channie hyung, I can't." Why was Felix not even trying to think of a way to stay? It wasn't his choice to leave.

"Do you even want to stay, Lix?" I ask, not wanting to know the answer. I know he loves us, but the way he hesitated over everything made me think he wanted to get away from us.

"Of course I do. I don't want to leave you guys. I don't want to leave Changbin. I don't want to leave you. My parents are just strict. They won't let me stay, even if I figured out a way to stay by myself."

I glance around the room. Everyone was on the verge of tears. Minho was clenching his jaw. Chan had his head down in his lap. Seungmin had a hand on his face. Jeongin was openly crying, but was biting his lip. Hyunjin was crying harshly behind Seungmin.

And Changbin. Well. His face was stone cold. He'd learned this news prior. If I looked closer, there were faint tear streaks. This is why they spent the day together. It was hard news he learned last night, and he wanted to spend as much time with his lover as he could before he left.

"It doesn't hurt to try," I say calmly, wanting so bad to hug him and hold him forever.

We gaze at one another. He should fight to stay. It's not supposed to be a war between him and his parents, but even if it was, we'd all have his back. He was our sunshine. We weren't going to let him be taken away.