111

Saturday. The last day until hell breaks loose again. I grasp Minho's limp arm tightly, hugging him close. Mom told me the dinner would be tomorrow, leaving me to probably suffer on Monday.

Minho stayed with me last night, having no knowledge of what was supposed to happen Sunday. I acted like it was a normal night, like my anxiety wasn't spiking every chance it got. He didn't notice, and I was grateful.

Like I said earlier, it's just a dinner. I shouldn't be so dramatic about it. I'm seeing my brother and we're going to sit down with the family. And have a nice family dinner.

Why do you lie to yourself?

That's what I hope for. A nice, quiet night. Deep down, I know that's not how it's going to be. Or if it is a quiet night, it'll be painful.
It's going to suck either way, I guess. I just have to deal with it by myself.

"Good morning."

Alone.

"Morning," I respond, my voice coming out monotonously. I didn't mean to.

"You okay? Did you have a nightmare?"

"No, I'm still tired," I smile, kissing his shoulder. "Are you hungry?"

"A bit, yeah. But we can lay down-"

"No, I can make pancakes." I sit up, not wanting to lay down anymore. Laying down allowed my brain to wander too much.

"Gosh, that sounds amazing, but if you're tired, we can just go out-"

"Just stay here," I pat his head, "be right back."

I get out of bed, stretching before exiting the room. I do a quick face wash and brush my teeth before heading downstairs. Neither of my parents were home.

I whip up some pancake mix, letting the butter melt down on the pan. I get out a spatula, pouring some mix into the pan and waiting.

I guess laying down wasn't my problem.

Maybe he'll try to ask for money, like last time. We might discuss the procedure of him moving back in; I completely forgot he was supposed to. I wish he wouldn't, but I yearn to have my brother back.

I don't notice the way my knuckles whiten around the kitchen utensil. I don't notice the slight creaks down the steps. I don't notice my other hand setting itself near the hot stove.

"Is something bothering you, my love?" Minho questions, taking my hand before it got burned and holding it loosely.

I force my body to relax, moving to flip the pancake and watching it puff up. "No, I'm okay." After Minho found out about Heetuk, I didn't think I'd keep lying to him.

I shouldn't bother him with it anyway. You should really tell him. It's stupid. He just wants to help. I don't need help. It won't bother him at all. It'll bother me. Communication, Jisung.
I don't care.

"Are you okay?" I question, looking back at him. He had wrapped his arms around my waist and set his head on my shoulder.

"Mhm, just want some love."

"Ah, so clingy today," I giggle, kissing his head.

I set the pancake on a plate before pouring another onto the pan, repeating my process. We both stare at it, watching the bottom begin to bubble.

"I love you," I whisper, my lips pressing together tightly.

"I love you, too."