51

"During the war of..."

My hand mindlessly moves across my notebook, my eyes flickering up to the board and back to the paper.

I was fucking tired.

I hadn't been sleeping well at all. Staying up to almost four was becoming a routine. A bad one. Sometimes I wouldn't sleep at all. Minho was unaware of my sleeping problems, as was everyone else. I knew that I refused to sleep weeks earlier, but this time I'm not doing it. I'm unable to sleep. I've developed an unhealthy habit of sleeping in school.

I was too scared to sleep at night. If I did, I knew I'd end up having a nightmare. I never used to be afraid of them. I'm so afraid now.

My head falls forward, it shooting up not even a second later. My eyelids drooped, feeling as if a string of rocks was pulling them down. Gravity wasn't on my side today.

I lay my head on the desk, the board still being in my view. I sat in the back, near the window. If I did fall asleep, the teacher wouldn't notice.

I sigh against the paper, my letters being sloppy and barely on the line. Once my eyelids began to droop again, I couldn't fight it.

-

"Jisung, wake up," a hand shook my shoulder.

I groan softly, lifting my head to look at the owner. I see Minho.

"Did the bell ring?"

"Yeah. You weren't coming out so I came in to see what was taking so long," he explains with an eyebrow raised.

I nod, slowly collecting my things, "what's that look for?"

"You have bags under your eyes. You're sleeping in class. Have you been getting enough sleep at night?"

"Of course. I might stay up a little bit, but I sleep fine," I lie, it feeling wrong as soon as it came out of my mouth.

"Don't lie to me."

Caught in a lie, as BTS' Jimin once said.

"Minho, I'm fine. Just nightmares. It's hard to go to sleep after them. I read a few pages of a book and then I go back to sleep. I swear I'm fine though." Half lie.

"I'm worried about you, Jisung. This isn't okay. I've never seen someone have so many nightmares. You need to see a doctor."

"Nightmares are caused by stress. School is stressful. It's fine, it'll go away," I reassure, the lie becoming more believable as I speak.

He shakes his head, "let's go. We're going to the library so you can sleep."

"What? No," I refuse, "I can't just skip a class. My parents will kill me."

"Fine then. I'll go talk to Mr.Jung. He loves me. He'll understand. I'll tell Hyunjin to get your notes or whatever you're doing in there."

"Min-"

"Don't argue with me," he growls. He wasn't being mean. He was caring for my wellbeing.

I huff, pouting, not saying anything back.

-

Minho grabs my hand after leaving the biology classroom, taking us to the library. I was kind of thankful. I hated science and I needed sleep. Win-win, I guess?

In the library, there was a couch and a few stray comfy chairs along with tables and harder chairs. He sat down on the couch, letting me sit next to him.

"Take a nap. I'll drive you home after school," he reassures, having a book in hand.

I pout, liking that he was a bit demanding. Not in a kinky way. It just made me feel important. Someone worthwhile.

Swinging my legs over the couch arm, I rest my head in his lap. His thighs were thick, and I mean thiccc. Damn, how did I get so lucky?

I close my eyes, immediately feeling the drowsiness. Before I fall asleep, I speak up, "I'm scared to sleep."

"Why's that, angel?"

"Nightmares," I admit, breathing the word out softly as if it was a curse word.

"You'll be okay, I'm right here." I could hear the sympathy in his voice. I knew he wanted to help me. He just couldn't.