11

We laid silent in my bed, the only light source were the street lights from outside that creeped inside of my room.

"Hyung, what's your favorite color?" I question, wanting to know more about him.

"Mint, why?" he wonders, turning his head to look at me through the darkness.

"If we're going to learn more about each other, I want to know the little things."

"Oh, what's your favorite color then?"

"Red," I respond after a few seconds.

"Hm, that's a sweet color," he responds, making me look towards him.

"Favorite song?" I question once again, enjoying the small talk.

"10 out of 10 by 2PM," he responds, "what's a hobby of yours?"

"I like eating cheesecake while watching movies," I explain, suddenly wanting the dessert.

"That's sounds really good now," he giggles, sending me in awe.

"It does," I whine before giggling. "You know what's funny? I feel wide awake now. I've been tired all day, but I can't sleep even if I tried."

"Yeah, I feel that," he replies, "that's such an odd thing. I've never understood that."

"At least I have you to talk to," I say, turning my full body towards him. "I'm usually all alone. I hate it."

He pouts, sending me a look of pity, "I wish you weren't alone all the time. Where are you parents?"

"They apparently have business to attend to this weekend. My mom was the one who called earlier," I explain, my tone shaking a bit.

"That's why you were upset? Because you're being left alone all weekend?" He questions, finding my hand within the darkness and playing with it.

"Y-yeah... I don't like being alone. I'm lonely enough with people around me. I mean, sometimes being alone is nice, but other times, it's overbearing," I mutter, not meaning to share that much but shrugging it off.

"Oh," he simply answers, "I'm sorry you feel that way. If you want, I can stay with you all weekend. I don't have anything to do anyway."

"You'd really stay with me this weekend?" I question, not used to people wanting to be around me for that long.

"Of course. I'll have to go home tomorrow to get clothes, but I'll stay with you," he says, now intertwining our hands together.

"Thank you," I smile, "I really appreciate it."

A few minutes pass before I speak again, "hyung?"

"Yes?"

"How did you know you liked me?" I question, curious as to what the elder had to say.

"Hm, I... I can't give you a straight answer really. It all just kind of happened one day. You missed school because you were sick. When you weren't there, I felt awful. I missed you a lot, even when we weren't considered friends. Every day after that, I thought about that same distant feeling. I hated feeling that way. I wanted to be with you all the time. I enjoyed your presence. I could feel myself light up every time you were near me. And on your bad days, I felt horrible when I knew I couldn't do anything to help you. I hated seeing you like that, hence why I forced you to look at me today. Kyungho was the one who did that, right?" He sat up, giving me his full attention.

I followed, turning on my side lamp. His face was a much smoother honey tone in this lighting.

"He was, why?"

"Why does he bully you, Jisung?"