Chapter 10: Marry Into A Rich Family

Alina smiled, "If that's what you want, I can call you by your name instead. How about I call you Sheffy?"   

"No way!" Sheffield objected.   

"Well, how about Sheff?"   

Sheffield was even more agitated. "No!"   

Alina raised an eyebrow. "Dear Sheff?"   

Peter's hand shook when he overheard their conversation, and he almost spilled the soup he was about to serve them.   

Sheffield was stunned by her shamelessness. "Shut up!" he yelled.

"If you don't want me to call you any of those names, what should I call you then?" Alina pouted.   

Sheffield chose not to answer her question and focused on eating his food instead. She was getting him too riled up.

Alina intended to joke with him to lighten the mood, but she ended up upsetting him even more. She instantly regretted teasing him.

There was no coriander in the fish soup when she looked down in her bowl. "Peter, could you add some coriander to my soup? It's no good if there's no coriander in it," she requested.

Sheffield stopped eating and snapped his eyes up at her.

Peter cast a glance towards Sheffield and explained, "Sheffield detests the smell of coriander."

'What?' Alina was surprised to hear about this. She couldn't believe that Sheffield hated coriander.   

No wonder he got angry when she offered the noodles to him. It turned out that she upset him by putting coriander in his noodles.   

"Oh. It slipped my mind." Alina peeked up at Sheffield and gave him an apologetic smile. She pretended to forget about his hate for coriander  

She wasn't Alaina, so she wouldn't be aware of what he liked and didn't like.   

Sheffield arched a brow at her and he suddenly had a suspicious thought. She didn't seem like she forgot about it. Instead, she looked like she had no idea at all.

Last night, she offered to cook noodles for him but added coriander to it. At the time, he assumed that she did it on purpose to get a rise out of him. It suddenly occurred to him that maybe she didn't know. Maybe her intention was never to prank him.

Everyone in their family knew how much he hated coriander. There were only two possibilities. The first was that she did it on purpose. The second was that she merely forgot. Alina didn't want to draw any more attention to herself, so she decided to keep quiet and finish her meal in silence.

The only sound in the dining room was the sound of them eating. Alina had a hearty meal and was satisfied when she finished her food.

Peter served them some fruit after the meal. When Alina reached for a piece of fruit, Peter reminded her, "Alaina, aren't you on a diet?"

'On a diet?' Alina came to her senses and speculated that this was something Alaina shared with Peter in the past.

"I decided to stop my diet because I heard one of my classmates nearly fainted because she was eating so little. It was terrifying!" To be able to eat in peace, Alina had to tell this small lie.

Sheffield scoffed when he heard her explanation.

Peter nodded slowly at her and said, "I see."

It was a great comfort to be a part of a wealthy family. She didn't have to do any housework, and someone served her fruit after dinner. Alina was overjoyed.