Chapter 75: Head Teacher Is Mad

"Wow, you said nothing happened between you two. But he came over to ask you about it, and you still tried to lie to me!" As soon as Leo left, Rose showed an expression of disbelief.

After casting her a glance, Alina opened the book for the next class.

"Hey, ignore me again! I'm talking to you!"

"..." Alina pretended not to hear that.

Leo's sudden action caused a heated discussion in the classroom. After all, the rumor of sending watermelon was just a rumor, and there was only one person who saw it. This time, it was in full view of the public. The impact of the two cases was completely different.

Some were envious, some were jealous, and most were shocked, surprised and confused.

Not long ago he humiliated her in front of the class. But now he took the initiative to please her. He changed too fast! Why was the prince charming so unpredictable?

Hearing everyone's discussion, Bonnie looked at her desk mate with concern. She knew that Ivy had always liked Leo. She was very happy to be able to rehearse the program with him. Now that he had suddenly taken a liking to someone else, a classmate, how sad she must be!

Staring blankly at the desk, Ivy's heart ached. She didn't understand why she was inferior to Alaina.

"Ivy, are you okay?" Bonnie asked with concern.

Ivy bit her lips and her eyes turned red, but she said stubbornly, "Nothing. I'm fine."

"Maybe it's just a misunderstanding. Don't think too much."

"How could it be a misunderstanding? When did you see him take the initiative to talk to a girl?" As Ivy spoke, two teardrops fell on the desk.

Seeing the tears on the desk, Bonnie was worried. "Ivy, you..."

Ivy interrupted her, lowered her head and said in a nasal voice, "I... I'm fine. I'll be fine soon..."

Her pride did not allow her discomfiture to be seen by anyone.

Leo returned to his seat expressionlessly. Before he sat down, he cast a cold glance at his desk mate.

His desk mate felt a chill on his back. He quickly asked, "How is it? Is Alaina moved by you?"

Leo picked up his pen, skillfully turned it and said lightly, "She said she was not bullied."

"Impossible! Many students saw it. Joseph of class 125 stopped her at the stairway. If you don't believe me, you can ask them." They boy pointed at Eddie and Cary.

Leo didn't turn his head to look at them. Instead, he stared at his desk mate and said seriously, "She said nobody bullied her."

"I didn't lie to you. How could you..." He couldn't continue, because he found that Leo was not listening at all.

The bell of the last class and the teacher who came in finally quieted down the noisy classroom.

When the class was almost over, the head teacher, Mr. Su, came to the outside of the classroom.

When the bell rang, Mr. Su walked into the classroom and said, "Don't rush off. I have two things to tell you."

"What's the matter?" The students held back themselves and waited to hear what was going on.

Mr. Su walked to the platform and hinted everyone to be quiet. "The first thing is that the selection for an oral English program will be held in the fourth class the day after tomorrow. Don't be late for the performance. The second is that the monthly exam will be held on Thursday and Friday next week. You must hurry up to study and don't slack off. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, sir..." The students responded in low spirits.

"Okay, you can leave now! Ivy and Leo stay behind to rehearse."

Alina didn't leave at once. She stayed in the classroom and planned to leave after finishing her homework.

She estimated that it would only take about 20 minutes to finish it.

Soon, there were only four people left in the classroom, including the head teacher, Ivy, Leo and Alina.

"You can rehearse in the classroom." The head teacher glanced at Alina and said to Ivy and Leo.

With the manuscript in her hand, Ivy silently walked out of her seat and onto the platform.

With an indifferent look on his face, Leo walked from the last row.

When they stood side by side on the platform, Mr. Su clapped his hands and said, "You go over your lines first and then act them out."

After casting a quick glance at Leo, Ivy spoke out the first line.

Leo said the second line expressionlessly.

Hearing the familiar lines, Alina regretted doing homework in the classroom. She shut out the noise and tried to speed up, hoping to finish and leave soon.

After going over the lines, they started to perform.

"Dear leaders, teachers and classmates, we are contestants from class 126, Ivy and Leo..." After introducing themselves, they began their performance.

After the first rehearsal, Alina finished her homework. She tidied up the desk, picked up her schoolbag and was about to leave quietly from the back door.

"Ivy, Leo, what's wrong with you today? You are not in good condition! Why don't you have emotion? Why don't you have passion? Why don't you smile? Are you reciting the lines?" The head teacher muttered, noticing that Leo seemed to be staring at the back.

Alina walked quietly to the back door, but was stopped by the head teacher, "Alaina, wait a minute!"

"Sir, what can I do for you?"

The head teacher grinned, "What do you think of their performance? Give us some advice!"

She was not a judge. How could she give advice?

"Mr. Su, I've been doing my homework just now and didn't listen carefully. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice."

"I see..." The head teacher paused and turned to the two students on the platform, "Then you perform for Alaina again."

Alina was stunned. 'What's wrong with the head teacher?! Didn't you see that Ivy's face changed?'

She immediately refused, "No, thanks, Mr. Su. I have something else to do and have to go back to tutor my brother in study. I'm leaving now. Bye!"

Then she turned around and left without a pause.

It was not until Alina went downstairs that she breathed a sigh of relief. Was the head teacher mad?

She complained all the way until she took the bus.

When she got back to the Xu Family, Wendy immediately pulled her and asked, "I heard that the watermelon you brought back was sent by a boy?"

"Yes. Last time, I went to the countryside with my classmate. The watermelon is from that boy's family," replied Alina calmly. She wasn't lying.

"Who is that boy? What does his family do? Why does his family grow watermelons?" Thinking that the boy's family grows watermelons, Wendy was less eager to know the boy's information.

Alina believed that she knew Wendy well. Holding Wendy's hand, she answered with a smile, "The boy is my classmate. I heard that his grandmother planted a large field of vegetables and fruits in the countryside, which are fresh."

Hearing that his grandmother worked in the field, Wendy lost her interest.

"Have less contact with the students from such a family in future."

"Yes, I know."