Chapter 44: English Scores

Alina was most afraid of sudden silence.

Stunned for a few seconds, Alina cleared her throat and said, "Well, when I went out today, I saw this funny thing, so I bought one for you. Do you like it?"

Alina opened the small box in her hand and handed it to Sheffield. There was a ceramic bunny in the box. The bunny looked cool. Alina thought that this bunny was somewhat like Sheffield. So she bought it.

Sheffield glanced at it and said in disgust, "It's so ugly. Take it away!"

'Alas... How could he say that?' When Alina was about to glare at him, she remembered her intention, so she forced a smile and said, "You don't like this, do you? I have another one which I bought it for myself, or you can have that one."

Alina took out another one which was a bunny with a lascivious look.

This bunny caught the attention of Sheffield. It was lying on Alina's palm. Its eyes were blinking and its mouth was watering. It was a frivolous bunny.

"Childish!" Pausing for a moment, Sheffield said in a despised tone.

"It's not childish. It's cute!" Alina slapped the bunny on Sheffield's arm and said, "Well, this one is for you. I want the cool one!"

After sending the gift, Alina immediately said goodbye, "You go on with the game. I'm leaving. Bye."

She came and went in a hurry, and Sheffield stared at the bunny with mixed feelings.

The next day, a new week began. Alina went to school as usual.

In the morning, Alina greeted Sheffield.

It was rare that he didn't turn a blind eye to her, and he replied, "Good morning."

Alina suddenly felt that the bunny sent yesterday was worth it.

After having breakfast in a harmonious atmosphere, they went to school together.

On the way, Alina happily showed the bunny on her bag to Sheffield. He took a look and didn't say anything.

Alina encouraged herself that at least he took a look at it. They didn't even make eye contact before. Now he did much better than before.

She mustn't give up!

Before she got off the car, Alina said to Sheffield in a serious tone, "Be careful at school. Don't go to a remote place alone. Leave school with your classmates. If you leave school late, call me and I'll come to pick you up."

"I don't have your number." Sheffield looked at Alina and suddenly said.

"What?" Alina paused for a while. She didn't seem to have his number either. She took out her phone immediately and said, "Tell me your number. I'll call you."

"16676577868." Sheffield said very quickly without a pause.

"Don't be so quick," Alina said. "I can't remember. Say it again."

She hadn't used the physical keypad for a long time.

Then she made a call. Sheffield looked at the number on the screen and hung up.

"Miss Alaina, your school is here." The driver reminded Alina.

"Thank you, David." Alina opened the door, got off and waved to Sheffield, and then closed the door.

She went all the way to class 126. The classroom was as noisy as before.

With a faint smile on her face, Alina walked towards her seat. When Rose saw her, she greeted her at once, "Good morning!"