Chapter 91: Even

"Joe!" The old doctor called Joseph kindly when he saw him.

"Uncle, Mom asked me to bring you a gift for the coming festival." Joseph behaved politely in front of the elders.

The doctor looked at the gift with a smile, and then looked at Alina next to him. He took out the key and opened the door while asking Joseph, "Is this your girlfriend?"

Joseph blushed, "No!"

"Why are you blushing! She doesn't even blush." The old doctor opened the door, walked into the infirmary and put on the white coat.

When the old doctor talked to Joseph, he didn't deliberately lower his voice. Alina could hear clearly.

But she was not a teenage girl. She was thick skinned.

She stood at the door as if nothing had happened, and sent a message to the head teacher to ask for leave. Then she waited for the person inside to finish his words before going in to see the doctor.

"Uncle, I put the gift on the table. I'm going to class."

"Wait a moment. I have something to talk to you later." After the doctor finished his words, he waved at Alina who was standing at the door and said, "Come in, little girl."

Upon hearing this, Alina walked in obediently.

"What's wrong?" Wearing a white coat, a pair of glasses, and a serious expression, the old school doctor sitting at the table looked very convincing.

Standing behind his uncle, Joseph felt embarrassed to look at Alina, so he pretended to look through a medical book on the table.

"My arm hurts." As Alina said, she took off her coat and lifted up her left sleeve, revealing her swollen upper arm.

"Come here." Alina leaned over and the doctor raised his hand to pinch the swollen part.

"Ah!" The pain made her cry.

Joseph was reading a book, but his attention was all on Alina.

"When and how did you get hurt?"

"I was playing with my brother last night and he sprained me."

"Your brother?" The old doctor sighed, "He is so cruel!"

Alina choked with sobs. She glanced at the old doctor and wondered why he should be so straightforward.

"Muscle sprain doesn't matter. Apply a hot towel on your left arm when you go back. Your left hand can't move in a week."

"Thank you, doctor. I'm leaving now." After expressing her thanks, Alina stood up and was about to leave with her schoolbag in her right hand.

The old school doctor suddenly stopped her, "Little girl, wait a minute."

Alina turned around and asked, "Do you have any other instructions?"

The old doctor smiled and said, "No. I just asked you to wait for my nephew and go with him."

Joseph glanced quickly at Alina and raised his voice to call uncle plaintively.

Alina nodded without hesitation, "Okay, no problem." Then she looked at Joseph indifferently, as if she was waiting for him to leave together.

"Didn't you say that you wanted to talk to me?" Joseph looked at his uncle speechlessly.

"Did I? I don't remember what I'm going to tell you." The doctor waved his hand and said, "You go to class first. I'll tell you when I remember."

"... I'm leaving now. Bye."