Chapter 26: Stepfather

After lunch, Alina went back to the classroom. Thinking of Joseph's words, she suddenly had an impulse. She turned her head to look at Leo, who was sitting in the last row.

He looked down as if he were reading a book. Hesitating for a while, she took the two pieces of paper and walked towards him.

"Hi, guy, could you give me your seat? I want to discuss something with your desk mate." Said Alina in a low voice, patting on the shoulder of Leo's desk mate.

The boy raised his head and found it was Alina. He quickly smiled and said, "No problem. Sit down."

"Thank you!" Alina made an ok gesture.

When Leo heard the sound of the chair, he turned his head and found that it was Alina who was sitting next to him. He was stunned for a second. Then without any expression on his face, he continued to read the book in his hand.

'Hey, boy, it's very impolite of you to ignore a girl like this!'

Alina took a glance at the book in Leo's hand, finding that it was a novel.

She put the two pieces of paper on Leo's desk and said, "Excuse me, Leo. I'd like to discuss your lines with you."

Upon hearing that, Leo closed the book, so that Alina could clearly see the name of the book: Gone with the Wind, a classic novel.

"I like this novel, too." In the university, Alina borrowed the book and read it.

Upon hearing that, Leo was slightly surprised, "You've read it! Do you know who is with Scarlett in the end?"

To be honest, she was a little surprised by Leo's question. She didn't expect that a cool and handsome guy like him would have a girlish heart.

Perhaps Alina's surprise was too obvious that Leo blushed a little.

Alina didn't know what to say at that moment. 'So Leo, you are such a person!'

"Well... Take your time to read it and then you will know. Let's discuss about your lines first."

Leo put the book aside. After a while, he regained his usual cold look.

Seeing that the boy returned to normal, Alina pointed out some problems with the lines and gave some suggestions.

They lowered their heads and had a serious conversation. In the eyes of others, their postures were somewhat intimate.

Girls who had a crush on Leo couldn't help but feel jealous.

Everyone in the class knew that Leo was cool. Usually, when the girls talked to him, he ignored them. Alaina had sent him a love letter and he returned it in front of the class. Not long after that, they sat so close to each other!

"What are you doing, Alaina and Leo? Your heads are almost stuck together!" Sitting in the same row, Cary looked at them and laughed. Eddie, sitting in front of him, also looked at them, as if they were watching a good show.

Cary's voice was not loud, but it still attracted the attention of many students, especially a few girls.

Leo realized that he was too close to Alina. He straightened himself and wasn't willing to explain anything.

Upon hearing Cary's words, Alina looked up at him and grinned, "Since you are so curious, why don't you come over and have a look?"

Cary winked. "How dare I? What if I disturb you?"

"Haven't you got your thick skin back? But it's right on your face!"

Hearing their conversation, someone tittered. It seemed that they remembered Alina reading about lost and found in class the other day.

"You... Humph, good men don't fight with women!" Realizing that he couldn't win in arguing with Alina, Cary was too embarrassed to say anything more.

After half an hour's discussion in a low voice, Alina said to Leo, "Your handwriting is better than mine, so please copy the revised lines. I'm going back to my seat."

Then, Alina stood up and went back to her seat. There was still more than half an hour before the class in the afternoon. Alina was bending over the desk to take a nap.

After the three classes in the afternoon, Alina and Leo took the lines to the head teacher's office. The head teacher read the lines and complimented them. Then he gave some suggestions and let them go.

When Alina came home, Eric and Wendy had come home. After greeting them, she went back to her room.

There were two pieces of bread and some snacks in her schoolbag. Alina put down her schoolbag and opened the window. She put her head out of the window and looked at the window of Sheffield's room. The window was closed and the curtains were drawn.

Sheffield must be sleeping on the bed. After all, he didn't feel hungry when he was asleep.

After thinking for a while, Alina thought that she shouldn't climb through the window to bring food to him tonight. Yesterday, when she climbed back, she almost slipped and fell down. Fortunately, she stabilized herself in time, or else she might have died!

She had to come in from the door. Eric happened to be at home, so she could talk to him.

Soon later, Alina opened the door and went downstairs.

At this moment, Eric was reading a newspaper on the sofa while Wendy was absent. What a rare opportunity.

Alina hurried over and called, "Dad..."

Eric looked up and smiled mildly, "What's up?"

"Dad, I want to see my brother. Can you ask Peter to open the door for me?" Alina begged.

Eric said in a cold tone, "That bastard! He must be starved for three days. How dared he push his sister! I must teach him a lesson!"

"It's not his fault. I slipped and fell downstairs by accident," Alina explained.

Eric said angrily, "Don't speak for him. Fortunately, you're fine. If anything bad happened because of that bastard, I would break his legs!"

Alina felt it a little ridiculous. Was her tone not sincere? Or was her expression not sincere? Why did Eric firmly believe that it was Sheffield who pushed her down the stairs?

Was it necessary for the plot? Or it was just like what people said that there would be a stepfather because of a stepmother?

After a pause, Alina looked touched and said, "Dad, you are so kind to me!"

"You are sweet and considerate. Of course Dad is kind to you."

"Dad has been so kind to me, so I should go to see my brother. Sheffield must have known that he was wrong. How about letting me ask him on Dad's behalf? If he admits his fault to me, let him go to school tomorrow. Okay?"

In fact, Eric hoped that they could get along well with each other. He looked at Alina, hesitated for a moment and agreed reluctantly, "Well, let's give him a chance. If he showed no sign of repentance, he would be starved for another two days!"

"Thank you, Dad!" Alina resisted her excitement and went to ask for the key from Peter.

Hearing that the master had agreed, Peter hesitated for a while and then gave the key to Alina.

After getting the key, Alina went to the kitchen first and then went back to her own room.

Hearing the sound of the lock turning, Sheffield opened his eyes all of a sudden. The knob turned and the door was pushed open.

Seeing that it was Alina, Sheffield closed his eyes again.

Alina turned around and locked the door. Then she emptied the food hidden in her clothes onto his bed.

There were a lot of things, including bread, tomatoes, apples, oranges, lollipops and chicken wings.

"I don't know what you like, so I grabbed some..." At that time, there was a quick knock on the door.