Chapter 32: The Destructive Power Of An Honest Man

Someone asked, "Hi, buddy, how did you do?"

"Forget it. I haven't finished some questions. I don't think I'll pass. What about you?"

"Well, I am not sure about it this time. I think I might get worse scores than last month."

"Hey, how's your exam?"

"Can you stop talking about such lousy things during dinner?"

"Yes, yes. I can't eat!"

In the canteen, when they met, the first question they asked was, "How did you do on the exam?"

After Alina, Rose and Emma got the dishes, they sat down together. The dark cloud of exams was still hanging over their heads. They were not in the mood to chat, so they all lowered their heads and ate.

"Isn't it Alaina of class 126?" A girl with straight hair sitting next to Alina seemed to have discovered a new continent.

They were four girls at a table. Alina glanced at them and didn't know any of them. But she still greeted them with a smile, "Hello."

Then she asked Rose, "Who are they?"

Upon hearing her question, Rose was stunned, "You don't know Joanna? She was in class 120. You were eating ice cream upstairs once and you dropped it on her head. She came up to you and you fought."

Alina was speechless.

"I heard that you studied very hard recently and many teachers praised you." The girl with straight hair said nice words, but her face was full of disdain.

"The teachers were flattering her. Even if she studied hard day and night, her total score is not as high as yours."

"Don't say that. The teachers should blame us if it affects her enthusiasm for learning!"

"Finally in class 126 there is a love of learning, and their head teacher is sure to defend her!"

"That's right, ho ho..."

The girls said with sarcasm. When Alina was about to argue with them, Rose asked, "How could you speak like that? It's not against the law for her to study hard. What are you talking about?"

The girl with straight hair looked at her with disdain and said, "We are not talking about you. A dog catching mice meddles in cats' business!"

The hot temper of Rose made her face red, "Who are you calling a dog? You are the dog! You...."

The loud voice immediately attracted the attention of many students.

At the sight of this, Alina hurried to pull Rose aside and whispered, "Don't take their words seriously. They just want to piss us off on purpose." Speaking of this, she raised her voice and said, "A mad dog barks. Be careful."

Hearing that Joanna and her friends were called mad dogs, Rose was much less angry. She grinned and said, "You are right. I really shouldn't bother about the mad dogs!"

Emma turned her head and looked at Joanna. Well, they looked so bad!

Joanna gnashed her teeth and said, "Alaina, I didn't expect you, a girl, to behave so impudent. You are really from class 126!"

Rose was annoyed by her words, "You started it, and now you say we are impudent. How could you confuse right and wrong?"

Alina also retorted, "You can call her a dog, but she can't call you a dog? Who is worse?"

"You..." Biting her lower lip, Joanna said in a sharp voice, "Everyone in the school knows that students in class 126 are all rubbish. It is disgusting to have lunch with you!"

Now the whole class was insulted. The students of class 126 nearby couldn't help yelling at them.

"Who are you? Why you scolded us? You are like a ghost doll!" Cary sat at another table. He didn't want to get involved in the fight between these girls, but it was not his style not to fight back when others were scolding him.

As expected, Eddie would appear at any place where Cary was. He shouted, "The ghost doll is much more beautiful than her. She's a barefaced ghost at most!"

The reason why Joanna looked like a ghost doll was that she had black straight hair and straight bangs as well as a small round face. She just had the same hairstyle as that in Japanese movies.

Sometimes, boys were more venomous than girls as their words would hit your heart!

It was a comment from an honest man.

Everyone looked at Joanna up and down and found that she did look like a ghost doll. Some of them were whispering, and some were chuckling.

Some of them did not know what the ghost doll was and hurriedly asked their classmates.

"You, you... You're going too far! " Joanna was so ashamed that she covered her face with her hands and ran away with tears.

"Your class bullied a girl. Shameless!" The girls who were with Joanna went to comfort Joanna immediately.

Who on earth was shameless? When did they bully a girl? At the moment, Alina didn't want to say anything.

"Are they... Okay?" Emma was worried that they might cause conflicts between classes.

Rose replied carelessly, "What can it be? It was they who first provoked us and we didn't beat her. We just said a few words. She couldn't bear it and cried. Who is to blame?"

Emma glanced at Alina and lowered her head, without saying anything.

Alina thought that she was afraid of being implicated, so she comforted her in a soft voice, "Don't worry. If the teacher asks about this matter, you can tell her that it is a personal grudge between me and Joanna. It has nothing to do with you."

"Hey, what are you talking about? It has nothing to do with us? We're with you! Am I right, Emma?"

"Yes."

Alina said seriously, "It's undeniable that it's my fault. If the head teacher asks, you can just tell him the truth."

"Okay, okay, I know! Let's have lunch. The dishes are getting cold."

On their way back, Cary and Eddie were walking ahead of them. At the thought of their help, Alina thanked them.

Upon hearing this, the two boys felt a little embarrassed.

No teacher ever came to ask them. Alina thought it was over.

There were three exams in the afternoon. Between each exam, Alina hurried to review the subject for the next one.

Alina did a good job in the afternoon.

When they finished the last exam, they could left school, except the ones on duty that day.

After handing in the paper, Alina left school.

When she arrived at the bus stop, it was still early. She got an idea of going to Sheffield's school.

Only by knowing him well could she get a better relationship with him.