Chapter 93: Disappointment

Was his student too calm? Looking at Alina's action, Mr. Su couldn't help feeling strange. He had thought that she would be ecstatic when she saw that she got the first place again.

"What? Are you not satisfied with this result?" Mr. Su asked with a smile.

Alina pouted and said in a plain tone, "This result is nothing in our school. How can I be satisfied?"

Ambitious! Mr. Su didn't expect that her goal was the grade ranking.

"If you want to be ranked in the school, you have to study harder. I believe you can!"

Mr. Su was very happy to see his student was so aspirant. It seemed that the meal was well worth it.

"Did you order enough just now? If not, order two more!"

"Thank you, sir. That's enough."

Looking at his own result, Leo found that his ranking and Alina's were two extremes. One was at the back, and the other was at the front. The main reason was that he was partial to some subjects. The highest score was 90, and the lowest was 7.

Looking at his grades, Alina couldn't help feeling surprised. He was also a talent to get such a score.

After lunch, Mr. Su drove the two of them home respectively.

When Alina got home and saw Wendy, she called her 'Mom' with expectation.

"You are back." Wendy was also very happy to see her daughter. She said mysteriously, "I have a good news to tell you!"

"I also have a good news to tell you," said Alina with a smile.

Wendy smiled, "Really? You say first!"

Alina smiled and handed over the certificate of the second prize in the oral English contest.

The words "certificate of honor" sparkled.

Wendy took it over and opened it. She was excited and complained to her daughter, "If I had known you would win the prize, I would have come to cheer you on! It's your fault that I didn't see you on stage to accept the award!"

"Mom, there is another good news." Alina smiled and handed the transcript to Wendy.

"This is the final transcript of the semester? Let me see..." Wendy said as she looked at it. She was too excited to say anything when she saw Alina's score and ranking.

"You, you got the first place again!" Wendy hugged her daughter and kissed her on the cheek, "I need to call your father right away!"

"Wait, Mom!" Alina held her hand and said, "Didn't you say that you also had a good news to tell me?"

"Yes, yes!" Wendy smiled happily and said proudly, "I've persuaded your father to let you go to the training camp with Sheffield!"

"What?" Alina was stunned.

"It's said that those who go to the training camp are all children from rich and powerful families, and the family of Sheffield's grandparents is not an ordinary family. You can go with him and meet more friends from rich and powerful families."

"Mom, shouldn't you ask for my opinion first?" She didn't want to go to the training camp at all. She just wanted to travel around leisurely, okay?

Wendy didn't think there was anything wrong with making decisions for her daughter at all. "There's nothing to ask. I'm doing this for your own good. You're still young and don't understand. You'll thank me in the future."

"Mom, can I not go? I still have summer vacation homework to do, and that's Sheffield's grandfather. It's not proper for me to go with him." As a stepdaughter, she felt very embarrassed to go to the grandfather's house of the first wife's son!

"It doesn't matter. You are just a child. Can they drive you back?"

Alina wanted to say, "Can we not be so shameless?" But she thought Wendy would definitely reply her, "What do you want to be ashamed of?" Ha-ha-ha...

"His grandfather certainly doesn't welcome me. What if he gives me a hard time or bullies me?"

Wendy frowned and thought for a while, "It doesn't matter. Just pretend that you don't understand. As long as they are not too much, just endure."

Alina didn't want to talk anymore.

"Mom, I know. I'm going upstairs."
She went upstairs dejectedly, and all her expectations before the exam were shattered like bubbles.

Ah... She was dying. How shameless she was to let her go to Sheffield's grandfather's house! Something was wrong with her!

Alina complained while pounding the bed. By the way, did Sheffield know about it? Would he agree?

Alina turned over and sat up on the bed. After thinking for a while, she decided to ask Sheffield.

Dong, Dong, Dong... "Sheffield, are you in the room?"

"Yes." A cold reply came from inside.

Alina pushed the door open and walked in. Sheffield was leaning against the bed and playing games. He didn't even raise his eyes when he saw her come in.

"Well... I heard that you were going to attend the training camp, right?"

Sheffield replied coldly, "Yes."

"Well... I would also go there. Do you know?"

"I know."

Why was he still so calm? Alina looked at him up and down and said, "You don't want me to go with you, do you? After all, that's your grandfather's house. In fact, you can refuse it..."

Sheffield glanced at Alina and interrupted her coldly, "I agreed."

"...Y-you agreed?.." Alina blinked her eyes in shock.

Sheffield stopped the game and looked up at Alina coldly. "Well, don't you want to go?"

"H-how could it be? Of course I want to go. This kind of activity can not only exercise our bodies, but also let us make more friends. How can I not want to go?!"

Sheffield looked horrible, and Alina was too frightened to speak her mind.

"Get everything ready and set out tomorrow morning." After saying that, Sheffield continued with his game.

"Ah, why in such a hurry?"

... Alina left sulkily and went back to pack up her belongings.

In the evening, when Eric came back, Alina ran to him.

"Dad, can I not go to the training camp with my brother?"

"What's wrong? Is it because Sheffield doesn't want you to go there, or because you are afraid that you will be bullied if you go there?"

"Neither. I just don't think it's a good idea for me to go to my brother's grandfather's house."

"It doesn't matter. I've asked Sheffield to tell them. No one will give you a hard time." Speaking of this, Eric said earnestly, "It's a good thing to go out to see the world, broaden your mind and exercise your body."

"... Dad is right. I'm going to pack up my clothes."

Alina thought that Eric must have been brainwashed by Wendy.

She couldn't persuade Sheffield or Eric. It seemed that she had to make up her mind to go to the Fang Family.

In the novel, the description of the Fang Family, which was the family of Sheffield's mother, was not detailed. It was generally known that the Fang Family was in politics and had a high status.

To be honest, Alina really didn't want to offend a political family like the Fang Family. The officials were cunning. It was a piece of cake for them to give her a hard time. She was going to put her neck into the noose!

Alina was so disappointed. She went back to her room to pack up her clothes and specially brought a bottle of sunscreen.

She didn't know whether the training was in the open air or in the room. If it was in the open air, the sun in June and July would be very strong! Therefore, she had to prepare the sun protective measures in advance.