Chapter 80: Come Back Late

It was nearly nine o'clock when they finished. As soon as they walked out of the school, a black car came to them.

The driver got out of the car, opened the rear door and respectfully said to Leo, "Young master, please get in the car."

Leo didn't move. He looked at Alina and said, "It's getting late. Let me give you a ride."

Without hesitation, Alina replied briskly, "Okay, thank you!"

Leo quickly stepped aside and let Alina get in the car.

"Leo, don't you want to give your teacher a ride by the way?" Mr. Su said with a faint smile.

"Don't you have your own car?"

"Alas, I'm such a loser as a head teacher!" Mr. Su said with self-mockery, "Forget it. I'll go back by myself!"

After driving for a while, Alina turned to look at Leo and asked, "You know Mr. Su well?"

She had wanted to ask this question for a long time, but she hadn't found the right opportunity.

"He is my uncle."

'Uncle!' Alina was surprised. They didn't look like each other.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?" Noticing the passing restaurant, Leo asked seriously.

The boy's dark eyes were flickering in the intermittent light, as if there was an unknown shadow play hidden in them.

"No, thanks. I will have it at home." Then she looked outside.

Leo stared at her side face quietly for a long time. Then he turned around and looked down, "Did you change your mind for Joseph?"

"What?" Alina was stunned and then smiled. "Of course not. I'm for the honor of our class!"

Leo glanced at her and said, "Liar."

Alina asked, "Why did you say so? I'm telling the truth!"

Staring at the back of the chair in front of him, Leo didn't say anything. She didn't know if he couldn't find any evidence to refute or he didn't want to.

After a while of silence, Alina muttered to herself, "How is Ivy? She hasn't called me back yet."

Leo moved and adjusted his sitting posture.

Alina scanned the call log and found the number she had dialed before. She hesitated whether she should call her again.

'Is she asleep?'

Alina decided not to call. When she was about to put her phone back into her pocket, her phone rang. It was the number of Ivy's mother.

"Hello, this is Alina speaking."

There was a moment's silence, and then a nasal voice said, ["My mom said you called me. What's up?"] It was Ivy.

"Nothing. I just want to ask if you are feeling better."

The person on the other end of the line paused and replied, ["I'm feeling better now. Thank you for your concern."]

"Can you go to school tomorrow?"

There was no reply for a long time. Just when Alina doubted if the other end had hung up, Ivy said with a strong sarcastic voice, ["Isn't it exactly what you want if I don't go?"]

"What? Not at all! Why do you..." Before she finished her words, the person on the other end of the line hung up.

Alina stared at her phone in a daze. All of a sudden, she seemed to understand what Ivy meant.