Chapter 152 - 154

Chapter 152: What Happened

She dialed a number and waited for the call to be connected. Beep....

"Hello, Leo!"

"...Yes." A voice came from the other end of the line.

"Leo, I'm calling to tell you that you don't have to blame yourself for what happenied today. It was my school sign that hurt the puppy accidentally, so Vivian attacked me."

Curling up on the sofa in the room, Leo still felt guilty. "If I hadn't told you that Vivian had babies, you wouldn't..."

Alina interrupted him, "I decided to see the pup myself. Don't blame yourself for everything!"

"Actually, Vivian didn't bite too hard. You have seen the wounds. There are only two small wounds. They will scab tomorrow. If you feel depressed because of this, I will be sadder!...So, don't blame yourself, okay?"

"Then you... Will you come to my house again?"

"Of course! When I have time, I will definitely go if you invite me!"

As an injured person, she still wanted to comfort the owner of the dog. No one could be as kind as she!

After comforting Leo, Alina felt thirsty and the watermelon appeared in her mind automatically.

She decided to go downstairs and cut a watermelon to replenish water. After going downstairs, when she passed by the living room, she saw Wendy sitting on the sofa in a daze, so she turned around and ran to her.

"Mom, you are up!" When she got closer, she found that Wendy's eyes were red and swollen.

"Alaina! Why... Why did you come back so early today?" Wendy was surprised to see her daughter..

The school held the sports meeting today. After that, the school temporarily decided to have a holiday, so I came back. Then Alina sat next to Wendy and asked, "Mom, what happened?"

Wendy dodged her eyes and quickly showed a smile as if nothing had happened. "No, you see my eyes, don't you? It was so touching to watch the TV play just now. I couldn't hold back my tears. What are you thinking about?"

The TV was opposite the sofa, but it was off at the moment.

Alina didn't want to get to the bottom of the matter. Seeing that Wendy was trying to hide it, she changed the topic "Mom, I'm going to cut a watermelon to eat. Would you like to have some too?"

"No, thanks. You can eat by yourself. I will ask someone to cut it if I want to eat."

"Then I'll go to the kitchen." Alina stood up and walked out for a few steps.

Then she turned around and bent down. "Mom, no matter what happens, I'm on your side."

Then she ran away.

Wendy looked at her daughter's back, her eyes flashed and she smiled lightly.

Alina went to the kitchen. Because it was not time for dinner, there was no one in the kitchen.

Alina picked a watermelon of five or six pounds from the basket, washed it and put it on the table.

When she was about to get a knife, the cook came in. Seeing Alina and the watermelon on the table, he was. surprised and said, "Miss Alaina wants to eat watermelon. Leave it there and I'll cut it."

"Then please help me cut the watermelon in half." After saying that, Alina went to the cupboard, opened the door and took out two spoons.

It was a piece of cake for the cook to cut it in half. He took out a fruit knife and washed it. Then he cut it in half.