Chapter 89: Frail

"Mom, I'm going upstairs. Call me when dinner is ready." Then Alina went upstairs.

It was not that she didn't want Wendy to show off in front of others, but that she was really worried that Wendy would have some improper thoughts when she saw her perform with Leo.

She went back to her room, put down her schoolbag and changed her clothes. Then she knocked on the door of Sheffield's room.

"Come in."

With the permission, Alina opened the door and walked in.

Sheffield was sitting cross legged on the bed, holding the game console in his hand, and staring at the game without raising his head.

Alina looked at him and asked, "Are you playing a game?"

Sheffield didn't even raise his eyelids. "Don't bother me. I'm busy. Wait till I'm done."

'Well, you are the hero. It's up to you.' Alina sat down at the desk and waited for him.

There were a pile of books on the desk. It seemed that they were poured out of the schoolbag by Sheffield.

"Eh..." Alina saw a crumpled invitation card among the books, which said that the parents of the students were invited to watch the school sports meeting on Friday afternoon.

She didn't pull the invitation out, but looked at it with her head tilted.

"What are you looking at?" Suddenly, Sheffield asked behind Alina.

Alina was shocked and almost twisted her neck. "Hey, guy, you scared me to death!"

"You wouldn't be scared if you hadn't done something bad."

Alina was unwilling to argue with him. She stood up and moved aside. "Well, shall we study now?"

Glancing at her, Sheffield said, "I'm hungry. Let's have dinner first." Then he turned around and walked towards the door. He was gone.

Looking at the back of Sheffield, Alina couldn't help feeling a little annoyed. If he wanted to have dinner first, then did it. Why did he deliberately make her wait?

Downstairs, as soon as Eric got home, Alina walked over and greeted him with a smile.

"I heard from your mother that your English program was selected by the school to participate in the competition?"

"Yes, five programs have been selected."

"Who held the contest?"

"I heard that it was proposed by three key high schools. I don't know who held it exactly."

Eric smiled and said, "Work hard and try to get a good result in the competition!"

"Okay, I know, Dad."

Looking at his son who was sitting alone, Eric's smile faded. "Sheffield, your grandfather called today. They said the summer vacation was coming and asked you to stay there for a few days."

"Okay, I see," replied Sheffield lightly

"It's up to you whether to go or not. Call them yourself, in case they think I'm stopping you from seeing them."

"Okay."

Seeing his son's indifference, Eric got angry.

Noticing that Eric didn't look well, Alina immediately smiled and said, "Dad, you have worked hard all day. Are you hungry? How about we have dinner now?"

Hearing his daughter's words, Eric's anger was deflated. "Okay, let's have dinner!"

Wendy had been thinking about something since she heard that Sheffield's grandfather asked him to live there for a few days.

After dinner, Eric went to the study room to deal with business. Wendy was watching TV in the living room, and Alina and Sheffield went upstairs to study.

When Alina took the book, the invitation fell on the table. She was stunned and glanced at Sheffield.

Sheffield just glanced at it. He grabbed the invitation, crumpled it into a ball and threw it into the trash can.

"Hey, why did you throw it away?" Alina patted him.

"It's none of your business!"

Alas... What a naughty boy! Alina widened her eyes and said, "This is the invitation to parents!"

"It's not for you. Mind your own business!"

What he said really pissed her off.

In a fit of anger, Alina retorted, "You are frail. You probably didn't participate in any sports, so you are ashamed to let your parents go to the sports meeting."

As a dignified teenager, could he bear to be called frail? Of course not!

Sheffield turned and seized one of Alina's arms and turned it violently. He stared at her fiercely and said angrily, "You said I'm frail?"

"Ouch... It hurts..." Alina felt that her arm was almost broken.

"Didn't you say that I was frail? You hurt like this when I touch you. Are you made of paper?" Sheffield's tone was full of sarcasm.

Tears welled up in Alina's eyes because of the pain. Why did he hit her so suddenly?

"Ouch... Can you let go of me? My arm is going to break!"

Seeing her red eyes, Sheffield unconsciously lightened his grip, but he did not let go.

"You provoked me first. Apologize and I'll let you go!"

"I'm sorry, young master. I am wrong!" Alina apologized quickly, and then looked at Sheffield expectantly.

She apologized too fast and Sheffield didn't feel satisfied, but he let go of Alina's arm.

"Ouch... It hurts..." As soon as her arm was free, Alina immediately took a few steps away from Sheffield, and then checked her arm while taking a deep breath.

Her wrist and upper arm were very painful. Were the muscles injured?

Alina rolled up her sleeve to her shoulder. Under the light, the red mark on her wrist was very obvious, and there was no injury on her upper arm.

Sheffield was so cruel! If he was older and stronger, would her little arm be broken today?

Looking at the red mark, in fact, Sheffield also regretted that he shouldn't have done that.

He was used to such strength when playing with his friends and forgot that she was a girl. Anyway, he wouldn't apologize. He had been observing Alina's reaction from the corner of his eyes.

After the examination, Alina quickly put down her sleeve and looked at Sheffield sitting straight there. She sighed, blaming herself.

She knew Sheffield was a man with strong self-esteem, but she still tried to ridicule him.

"It's getting late. Let's start our study." Alina adjusted her mood, walked over and began today's tutoring.

Sheffield noticed that Alina stood in a different position today. She used to stand by the chair, or she sat half on the table in front of him. Today, there was at least a person's distance between her and the chair.

"The knowledge points in the Chapter 5 are relatively simple. Not much will be on the exam, but there are a few points to note..." Alina said as she highlighted it on the book with a pen.

Then, she gave a few problems for Sheffield to do. She would have a rest.

She went downstairs to drink water. She poured water with her right hand and took it with her left hand. Then she felt a dull pain in her left upper arm.

She couldn't help scolding Sheffield in her heart for his rudeness.

After drinking the water, she went back to tutor Sheffield until half past eleven in the evening.

The next morning, Alina turned over and wanted to continue to sleep, but she was awakened by the pain.

"Ouch..." She immediately sat up from the bed. She lifted up the quilt and rolled up her sleeve. Her upper left arm was swollen!