Chapter 86: Selected Or Not

The results of the Friday's selection would be announced today. As soon as Alina arrived at the classroom, she heard someone guessing which class could be selected.

Most people thought that elite classes were more probably selected. After all, their academic performance was good.

Alina didn't agree. She didn't see the performance in the morning and couldn't comment on it. But from the performance in the afternoon, everyone was doing so-so.

In order to cope with exams, students paid more attention to the grammar and vocabulary and tried to get the questions on the paper right. As for the spoken skill, they had little chance to practice. Therefore, most of the students were not fluent in speaking, as if they were reading books.

So, Alina thought their class would definitely be selected!

It was not that Alina felt good about herself, but the story in the novel took place in about the year of 2000.

Because they still used keyboard phones with small screens.

At this stage, when learning English, people only paid attention to reading and writing, not to speaking. Only a few people could speak English fluently.

Everyone in the class didn't know that Alaina took place of Ivy. They thought it was Ivy and Leo who gave the performance.

As soon as Ivy entered the classroom, someone asked her, "Do you know the result of the oral contest? Did our class get selected?"

"I don't know. Don't ask me." After saying that, Ivy glanced at the direction of Alina.

"Didn't you take part in the competition?" Ivy's eyes widened, "I said I didn't know. Go ask the head teacher yourself!"

"Well, it seems that our class is not selected!" A boy taunted on purpose.

"I've told you that we are a foil for others. It's impossible that we can be selected!"

"Don't say that. They've practiced for so long and tried their best!" The naughty boys teased happily.

Ivy's face was flushed with anger and shame.

"Ha ha... Look, she's blushing!"

Alina was reading a book. She couldn't stand the noisy boys.

"How do you know we weren't selected?" She shouted at the boys who were laughing and asked, "What if we were selected?"

The boys were stunned. Soon someone shouted, "How is that possible? Unless the comet hits the earth!"

The others burst into laughter.

With an official smile on her face, Alaina said, "I don't know if the comet hits the earth or not. I just want to ask you, what are you going to do if our class is selected? Do you dare to take off your clothes and run around the playground?"

Hearing this, the boy pounded the table and said proudly, "Of course I dare! Brothers, dare you or not?"

"Yes!"

"Why not?"

"I'm not even afraid of taking off my pants!"

The crowd burst into laughter again.

"Great! Come on, sign your name, so no one can break his word!" Alina threw a notebook to the boys.

"Just sign it. I'm not afraid of you!" The boy who took the lead in taunting Ivy was the first to write his name.

Many other boys, who were unwilling to lag behind, also wrote their names on it.

"When you're done, give me the book." Alina looked at these energetic boys with a smile.

"Wait!" The boy who took the lead intercepted the book. "You just said what if you were selected. What if you were not?"

The boys suddenly realized. "Yes, we all forgot about it!"

A boy pointed at Alina and asked, "Alaina, what would you do?"

"Didn't you say that our class couldn't be selected? Since you are so confident, why do you still ask me? It's bullying!" Alina looked innocent.

"Hey, it's you who put forward the bet first. We have signed it. At least you must make your bet, or it will be boring!"

"Well, if we weren't selected, I'll ask Rose to dance for you."

The boys said in one voice, "Okay!"

Rose stood up immediately, "Alaina, you are courting death! Why ask me to dance? I won't dance. I don't agree!"

Alina winked at her and whispered, "Don't worry. You won't dance."

"Rose, now is the time to show our friendship. Do you want to dance or not?"

Looking at Alina, Rose hesitated for a moment and finally chose to believe, "I... I'll dance!"

"Did you hear that? Can you return the notebook to me now?"

"Here you are." Pa... The boy threw the notebook to her.

With this bet, the boys and girls in the class were more eager to know the result of the competition.

Ding... The morning bell rang.

Leo walked in from the back door.

When his desk mate saw him, he immediately excitedly told him about the bet between Alina and the boys in the class. He also asked, "Leo, do you think Alaina will win?"

Glancing at him, Leo nodded calmly.

"Yes? You think she will win! I think you must have lost your mind because of love!" Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Mr. Su felt the strange atmosphere as soon as he stepped into the classroom.

"Sir, have you got the result of the oral English contest?" A boy asked loudly.

Mr. Su glanced at the boy. He raised his eyebrows and said, "Yes. So what?"

Several boys asked excitedly, "Has our class been selected?"

Mr. Su thought it was funny, "What happened? Why do you suddenly care so much about this?"

"Sir, don't keep us guessing. Tell us about it!" The girl sitting in the front also urged.

"If you don't tell me what happened, I won't tell you the final result." Mr. Su was teasing them.

"Sir, don't be like this! Tell us now!"

Mr. Su smiled mysteriously, "The result will be announced on the morning exercise. Don't worry!"

Everyone shushed him, "Humph..."

Then, they had never felt that the time of two classes passed so slowly. It was really a long time!

When the second class was over, the bell rang and everyone rushed to the playground.

With the music, all the classes were lined up. As soon as the music stopped, the students of class 126 immediately listened carefully.

"... Now, let's start the exercise. The first section..."

Well... They thought there was a teacher talking!

"... The eighth section. Jump, one, two, three, four..."

Now that the exercise was over, it was time to announce the admission list, wasn't it?

Students of class 126 craned their necks.

"Last Friday, 36 oral English programs of all three grades were appraised. After fair scoring, we selected the five programs with the highest scores. Now I will announce the list."

They were so excited that the result was coming soon.