Chapter 51: Potential Profiteer

What? Sheffield returned her greeting! Incredible!

Looking at the leaving figure of Sheffield, Alina felt a little inconceivable. He was utterly unpredictable. It seemed that she couldn't give up, and she must greet him kindly when seeing him.

When Alina returned to her room and sat on the chair, she suddenly remembered that she hadn't called Mr. Su yet. She immediately looked for her phone.

She found the number and dialed it. After ringing twice, Mr. Su answered the phone, "Hello, Alaina, what's up?"

Alina looked at her foot and smiled bitterly, "Mr. Su, my foot was injured. The doctor said that I had to rest at home for half a month. I'm really sorry. I'm afraid I can't go to school these days."

Mr. Su's first reaction was why she got hurt again. "Your foot was injured! Is it serious? Now that the doctor asked you to rest at home, you just rest at home. I'll ask for leave for you, but I'm afraid your study will be delayed."

Alina didn't worry about studying because she could teach herself. She worried about something else.

"Mr. Su, I can study by myself, but I'm afraid I can't participate in the program. So..."

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll get another student from class to take your place."

"Thank you, Mr. Su. I'm sorry to disturb you so early."

"It doesn't matter. Have a good rest at home and go back to school as soon as possible. If you don't understand anything when studying, call me or any other subject teacher, okay?"

"Okay, I know. Thank you. Bye."

"Bye." Finally Alaina was willing to study hard and made great progress, but then she got hurt and needed to rest at home. After hanging up the phone, Mr. Su's heart seemed to fall into the water on a cold day.

After the phone call, Alina sighed that Mr. Su was really responsible for the class. Maybe new teachers always had a special expectation and affection for the first class they took charge of.

She remembered that when she was in junior high school, she met a head teacher who had just graduated from university. He worked seriously and was responsible for them. He was very good to them. He could always satisfy the students' requirements. Now she thought that he was a very gentle and handsome young man!

With her chin on her hands, she was immersed in memories when she was awakened by the sound of pushing the door open.

She turned around and asked, "Mom, why are you here?"

Wendy glanced at her, "If I don't come up, what do you eat? Drink the wind?"

"Ha ha..." Alina giggled, "Thank you, Mom!"

Wendy put the plate on the table and sighed, "You don't need to thank me. But Alaina, you must be more careful in future!"

"Mom, I don't want to get hurt either. It's just an accident!"

"Well, don't make excuses. Hurry up and have breakfast. Then I'll take it down."

The breakfast was served with porridge, milk, buns and dumplings. Alina had a good appetite and ate happily.

She gorged herself on the food.

"Slow down. You're a girl. Can't you eat with grace?" Wendy frowned and couldn't stand it anymore. How could a girl eat like that? It was so rude!

'Well, Wendy is here.' Alina restrained herself and became gentler immediately.

Alina ate all the breakfast. Wendy looked at her daughter and found that she seemed to be eating more. She asked in confusion, "Alaina, have you grown taller recently?"