Chapter 66: Watermelon

They kept silent all the way back to the old house of the Tang Family.

When they entered the room, they didn't see Granny Tang. Only Maria was in the room.

Seeing them come back, Maria smiled and said, "Young master and young lady are back. Madam went to visit others. Do you need me to call her back?"

"No, thanks." After saying that, Alina looked at Leo in embarrassment. It didn't seem right for her to say that.

Noticing that she was looking at him, Leo said to Maria, "No need."

"Please have a seat. What do you want? I'll get it for you."

Leo glanced at Alina and said, "Just two glasses of water."

"Okay, there are fresh watermelons at home. Would you like to have one?" With a big smile on her face, Maria was very hospitable.

Leo's inquiring eyes fell on Alina's face. Alina quickly smiled and said politely, "No, thanks. I haven't digested my lunch yet."

In fact, she didn't eat much at noon, which was only half the usual amount. She had to pay for pretending to be a lady.

Leo stared at the girl who was smiling awkwardly. He seemed to see his sister, who was so restrained when she was brought home.

He held Alina's hand subconsciously, as if he held the hand of his uneasy sister. "Cut one and send it here."

Alina was surprised and looked at Leo in confusion. 'Boy, you are likely to cause misunderstanding.'

Sure enough, there was a hint of ambiguity in Maria's eyes as she looked at them. "Okay, I'll cut it right away!"

As soon as Maria left, Alina wanted to teach Leo a lesson, but before she could say anything, Leo let go of her hand and left with a cold face.

Alas... 'Boy, what do you mean?! Forget it. I'm old enough to be your aunt. I don't care.'

Soon, Maria brought the watermelon on a tray. She put the tray on the table and smiled at them, "Here is the watermelon. It's seedless and delicious. Have a taste!"

"Thank you." Looking at the red watermelon and smelling the sweet fragrance, Alina took a deep breath. It was so appetizing!

Noticing that the girl's eyes were almost glued to the watermelon, Leo couldn't help smiling. He picked up the biggest and the best piece and handed it to the girl, looking at her quietly.

Seeing this, Maria smiled ambiguously and was gratified. Young master had grown up and knew how to please girls!

"Thank you. I can take it myself." Alina didn't take the watermelon from him, but took a piece from the tray.

She was afraid that if she took the watermelon, Maria would misunderstood them all the more. Seeing that the girl didn't take his watermelon, Leo lowered his eyes with disappointment.

Maria felt sorry for Leo, and she hastened to speak for him, "Young lady, young master is seldom nice to girls. You are the first girl he brought to the old house!"

What was wrong with her? Alina stopped eating watermelon, raised her head, blinked her eyes and explained, "Maria, did you misunderstand something? Leo and I are just classmates."

"I understand. I understand. You are classmates!" Maria gave Alina a meaningful look.

Well, it was better not to explain.

Alina turned to Leo. 'Say something! Didn't you say that I look like your sister?'

No matter how she glared at him or winked at him, Leo just stared at the watermelon in his hand quietly without any intention of opening his mouth.

She vowed never to come here again. Now she might as well eat watermelon.

Alina ate more than half of a watermelon by herself. She was just complaining in her mind. When she came to her senses, she already had a lot of watermelon rinds in front of her.

She burped loudly. Alina covered her mouth and looked around. She seemed to be stuffed!

Maria looked at Alina with a smile, completely ignoring her faux pas. Instead, she said mischievously, "If there aren't enough watermelons, I'll cut another one. There are more in the kitchen."

"No, thanks. That's enough!" Alina asked Leo, "Have you had enough?"

Leo stared at her, tilted his head and asked, "Does the watermelon taste good?"

"Yes. What's up?"

"You can take some home if you like." Leo said seriously.

"It's too troublesome to take it back from here. I don't think it's necessary." Watermelons could be bought anywhere. There was no need to owe him a favor.

It seemed that Leo didn't hear Alina's refusal. He told Maria, "Go get some of the best watermelons and put them in the car."

"Okay, I'll do it right now."

As soon as Maria left, there were only two people left in the hall, Leo and Alina.

"I said I didn't want it. Why did you let Maria get the watermelons? It's not convenient for me to take them back." The watermelon tasted delicious, but it was too heavy to be carried.

Leo said calmly, "There's nothing inconvenient. I can send it to your door."

"No!" Alina realized that she had said no too quickly and was afraid that it might hurt him, so she explained in a soft tone, "I mean it's too troublesome. You just need to send me to the place where you picked me up."

In fact, she was afraid of being seen by Wendy. If Wendy knew that it was the young master of the Tang Family who sent her back, she was sure to bring it up again and gave her suggestions.

"Why? Can't the car get to your door?" Alina didn't dare to say the real reason. She smiled awkwardly and said, "No, I just don't think it's a good idea to bother the driver too much."

Leo told her affirmatively, "No trouble."

Alina smiled bitterly in her heart. Now she just hoped that Wendy would not be at home.

Noticing that there were only two pieces of watermelon rinds in front of Leo, Alina asked with embarrassment, "Don't you like watermelon? You haven't eaten much. Look at me..." She made a gesture and said, "I'm a girl and I eat much more than you."

Leo turned the tray and turned the watermelon to Alina. He said indifferently, "If you like it, eat more."

Uh... Alina was speechless. She was stuffed and he still asked her to eat. She was not a pig!

"I can't eat any more. Help yourself. Can we go back after saying goodbye to your grandma? It will take more than an hour on the way. I'm afraid that my mother will worry about me if I go back too late."

"It's still early. I want to stay a little longer." Leo didn't want to go back too soon.

"When shall we leave?"

Leo begged, "Four o'clock, okay?"

It was half past two now. There was still 1.5 hours left before four o'clock.

The car was his, and the driver was also his. What could she do but say yes?

After a moment of silence, Leo proposed to show Alina around the house. Alina didn't want to go. When she was trying to find an excuse to refuse, her phone rang.