Chapter 77: Sorry Lady

The second day was Thursday.

The day after tomorrow was the weekend. Alina was in a good mood.

With a big smile on her face, Alina greeted her acquaintances and entered the classroom.

"Alaina, I brought you an apple. Have a taste. It's really sweet and fragrant!" Rose handed a big and yellow apple to Alina.

Alina smiled and said, "It's too big. Cut it into halves at noon, or I won't be able to eat it all by myself."

"Okay, let's eat it after lunch!"

The bell rang for morning reading. Alina suddenly noticed that there was an empty seat in front of her. Ivy hadn't come yet.

Did she oversleep? She shook her head and chuckled.

"Bonnie, do you know why Ivy hasn't come yet?" The monitor asked Bonnie.

During the morning reading, there would be some students from other classes to inspect the discipline and number of people in the class. If someone was absent, the points would be deducted.

Bonnie replied quickly, "I don't know."

The monitor sighed. There were always some people who were late, and the discipline score would be deducted.

As soon as the inspectors left, the head teacher, Mr. Su, came in. He looked around and finally his eyes fell on Alina.

"Alaina, come out." Then he walked out with his hands behind his back.

What? Alina raised her head. Was there anyone calling her?

Seeing her confused, Yana reminded her, "Mr. Su asked you to go out."

As soon as she heard that it was the head teacher calling her, to be honest, Alina didn't want to move. Something bad must have happened!

"Hurry up! The head teacher is looking at you at the door!" Seeing her dawdling, Yana urged her in a low voice.

Alina put down her pen and took a deep breath. She went out, no matter whether it was good or bad.

The head teacher was waiting at the stairway. When he saw Alina come out, he said awkwardly, "I just received a call from Ivy's mother. She said that Ivy was ill and had a high fever. She is on an intravenous drip in the hospital, so I'm afraid that you have to take part in the contest with Leo."

"Well... Mr. Su, I don't think it's a good idea!"

"It's not a big deal. You were supposed to perform with Leo. Because you were injured and needed to ask for leave to recuperate, I asked Ivy to take over your position. I didn't expect that she would be sick before the competition."

Alina took a deep breath and said, "Sir, maybe Ivy's fever can be brought down this noon and she can come to class tomorrow. She has rehearsed for so long, so she must perform better than me. I think you should think about it again?"

"I have thought about it and hope that she can come to school tomorrow. But what if she can't come? Our program can't be delayed, can it?"

"I'm sure she'll come!" Alina said affirmatively.

Isn't the power of love great? Ivy liked Leo. She believed that even if Ivy collapsed on the bed, she would find a way to get over it as long as she was able to perform with the person she liked.

The head teacher looked at her strangely, "Why are you so sure?"

"Ha... I, I guessed!"

"Alaina, I'm not kidding. This is about class honors. Please be serious!"